Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Track Clarity Mobile App Activity

Posted Jul 21, 2014 10:22 AM

Is there any way that we can track Mobile App activity from the users. Such as, can we track how many users are actually using the Mobile App and how often?

Regards

NJ

• 2.  Re: Track Clarity Mobile App Activity

Posted Jul 22, 2014 08:26 AM

Below is the info required -

• how many of our mobile users are actively using the app to track their time

• if it's possible to show the connections to the web portal by OS.  This would give a crude measure of the activity - a level of measure that would suggest that x% of traffic is coming from IOS and y% from Android OS

Any help would be much appreciated.

NJ

• 3.  Re: Track Clarity Mobile App Activity
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2014 08:33 AM

Can you get anything out of the Clarity-application log files?

I don't have access to the mobile-app so have no idea, but I would have expected that there was some tell-tale message in the app-ca.log or the app-access-yyyy-mm-dd.log that you could analyse (maybe not the OS of the mobile-app though, just that the traffic was coming from the mobile-app).

• 4.  Re: Track Clarity Mobile App Activity

Posted Jul 22, 2014 10:04 AM

That's what I was wondering !

NJ

• 5.  Re: Track Clarity Mobile App Activity

Posted Jul 22, 2014 09:44 AM

Nj,

As the users need the global right "mobile - access", you will know who can use the app.

Little bit of research

In app-system for each login  with the app you will see

/niku/odata/login%24format=json

you can also see the browser header so you should be able to figure out what types of devices are using the app example (iPad; CPU OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X)

turns out when ever you see "format=json" in the logs, (inc app-ca.log) it is an interaction with the app

I hope that helps, maybe someone can build a nice little tool to scrape the logs and provide the stats you are after

• 6.  Re: Track Clarity Mobile App Activity

Posted Jul 22, 2014 10:09 AM

Thanks, I will check and get back

NJ