Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to increase the attribute length of Transaction Class

Posted Nov 24, 2014 04:42 AM
      |   view attached

When I describe transclass table, I see the transclass attribute of datatype varchar2 and of length 30.

Oracle SQL> desc transclass

NameNullType
    TRANSCLASSNOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)

But when we try to enter values in Clarity UI, Admin -> Finance -> Setup -> Classification ->Transaction Classes -> New, Transaction class cannot take the value of length more than 8.

Transclass_length.png

My requirement was to add value of length 12, to find out where exactly the restriction was posed to clarity, I have used &debug method and found maxDatasize="8" is applied over this attribute.

I do queried our linux box where clarity is deployed to check  all the files which has the string maxDatasize="8", but i was unable figure out the file which i should modify to accomplish my objective.

Attached a text file which is pipelined output from linux machine(files with the string maxDatasize="8")

Any suggestion on which file i should modify to do this? and even if i do so, do we need to recycle the services to make it effective???

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: How to increase the attribute length of Transaction Class

Posted Nov 24, 2014 05:02 AM

I would suggest to check with support before taking this up

NJ

• 3.  Re: How to increase the attribute length of Transaction Class

Posted Nov 24, 2014 06:55 AM

My understanding is that the db lengths are longer than the GUI lengths to allow twobit characters.

Further you do not mess with OOTB field lenghts of an existing system unless you want to mess your system.

Transaction class is used in a number of places and that makes it particularly risky.

Do as Navzjoshi suggests open a case with support and if they give approval and provide instructions you have justification.