Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

• 1.  CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Sep 29, 2014 08:05 PM

Hi All,

I've been looking through some of the feature requests from the business, and have come across these tables which seem to adjust the behaviour of the system.

In particular, I'm looking at CMN_OPTION 'PAC_FRC_FREEZE_DATE' and what it might do for us.

But in general, is there docs that someone could point me to that lists out what some/each do? (hoping much?)

Especially trying to reach out to John_George from this post How to Modify the Limit on the Number of Investments and Roles included in a Portfolio in CA Clarity 13.2 | CA Clarity P…

• 2.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 08:31 AM

Hi samos2,

I unfortunately do not have an answer for you at this time. But, I will reach out to my Clarity team members to see if they may be able to help you, so please stay tuned.

Thanks,

John W. George

• 3.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 03:08 PM

Not answering your question at all, but

I cam across the cmn_options with cross site vulnerability error. See TEC567263_Crosssite_vulnerability

The instruction did not work so I had to do it manually.

For that particular problem the work around (which was supposed to be done with the instructions of TEC567263) was

create the value CSRF_EXEMPTED_ACTIONS in CMN_OPTIONS and record the ID

then create values in CMN_OPTION_VALUES for that ID.

The values were picked from the app-niku.log when the cross site vulnerability  error occured.

In my case they were

reporting.executeAndView

projmgr.projectNewPost

projmgr.projectPropertiesPost

security.loginAction

revmgr.updateGlAccount

projmgr.taskResUtilListLink

I should expect in your case there are values in the CMN_OPTION_VALUES table which match the ID of the action  'PAC_FRC_FREEZE_DATE' in the CMN_OPTION

You might get a little further if you look at the values.

• 4.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 07:24 PM

Thanks urmas, that value is null in the values table, and I'd like to know what it would do if it wasn't null, before I change it! (and any subtle rules around it too...)

• 5.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 07:26 PM

Thanks John, I'm on 13.1 on demand if that assists at all.

• 6.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 04:23 AM

If you are on demand you can't do any unsupported hacking so you are limited to supported solutions.

Open a Request for Information case with support and describe the behaviour you see, your desired behaviour or just ask for details how this option is designed to work.

• 7.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 08:38 PM

I wasn't considering hacking it (updates to the db using an out of the box store procedure as referenced in my first posts' link from CA was what I was following - this I would presume would be somewhat supported)...

• 8.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2014 06:13 PM

The tables you mention are updated through different pages in the Administration side of the application and correspond to system-level settings.  Typically tables that contain system settings are not documented in the Technical Reference Guide because they are not intended to be used for developing portlets or reports. 

The 'Freeze Date' relates to the Financial Entity, Plan Defaults setting.  There are some KBs and product documentation that describes how to configure this setting and what it is used for in the investment financial planning functionality.

• 9.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 08:44 PM

Thanks Kathryn - I guess I was following on from that first link, showing how some of the items can only be updated through the clarity provided store procedure (which aren't available on your typical admin/studio screens).

I guess the reason for querying that particular field, is that I have a value in the Entity Freeze Date (2nd Sep 2014 at the moment), and it does stop manual edit of cost plans on projects upto and including September 2014 for all projects, but that option value in the DB is null.

ie

select cov.*

from cmn_options co

join cmn_option_values cov on cov.option_id = co.id

where co.option_code = 'PAC_FRC_FREEZE_DATE'

yields one row, with null values for COV.USER_ID and COV.VALUE

Would this be expected / should it be in sync with Clarity Studio Entity on the UI (is it a bug?)

• 10.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Oct 02, 2014 07:49 AM

Hi samos2, I see that you have a conversation going with Kathryn_Ellis about your question, so you are in very good hands! After you have worked together to get a resolution, may I ask you to please mark this as "Answered".

Thank you and have a good rest of your day.

John W. George

• 11.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Oct 02, 2014 08:21 PM

Thanks John, will do!

• 12.  Re: CMN_OPTIONS and CMN_OPTION_VALUES features and documentation?

Posted Oct 06, 2014 12:11 AM

Further to the above, along with the cmn_options and cmn_option_values being null for PAC_FRC_FREEZE_DATE, there ARE values for the date saved against the entity via the Studio UI in the FIN_PLAN_DEFAULTS table for this entity. My question remains, should the UI be in sync with the CMN_OPTION_VALUES table? Is it the missing link that allows 'populate from task assignments' to update the cost plan cost forecasts in the past, even though through XOG you can't do the same?