Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Passing SOAP request as a part of WSDL

Posted Jul 15, 2015 06:10 AM

Hi All

We have a requirement to send data from other system to Clarity. Its project and task information, so other system will invoke a webservice of clarity and xog in the data. We using the Project Object WSDL to achieve the same. We have to hardcode the prj_projects_write.xml tags.

Is there any way that these tags can be obtained from the WSDL instead of hardcoding it?

Thanks

Nipun

• 2.  Re: Passing SOAP request as a part of WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2015 06:17 AM

Hi Nipun,

The prj_projects_write.xml invokes the metadata in which CA PPM accept the data in that particular format. So you have to provide the data in that format.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Passing SOAP request as a part of WSDL

Posted Jul 15, 2015 07:01 AM

Thanks Suman for the response.

So there is no other way to obtain these tags dynamically from the WSDL? Is it possible to pass the write file as a part of WSDL?

Regards

Nipun

• 4.  Re: Passing SOAP request as a part of WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2015 07:53 AM

Hi Nipun,

Can you please explain in detail what you meant by pass the write file.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Passing SOAP request as a part of WSDL

Posted Jul 15, 2015 08:09 AM

A java application needs to push data into Clarity. So that team will be invoking the WSDL present in Clarity. My requirement is to add all the required tags for Project xog as a part of WSDL. So the other application team don't have to hardcode the tags. It will be available from the WSDL itself.

Not sure whether my question is correct or not because I don't have much knowledge about webservices and other stuffs.

Regards

Nipun

• 6.  Re: Passing SOAP request as a part of WSDL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2015 08:21 AM

Hi Nipun,

I think you should be able to. Please refer to the xog guide and WSDL section. we have some examples there. You might have to use some Third-party SOAP Integration Toolkits like Apache AXIS 1.6

Regards

Suman Pramanik