We want to be able to track hours worked on a project but not have the cost of those hours hit the Project Cost Plan. Instead, the end result is the non-billable hours submitted on the timesheet are not hitting the non-billable column on the Rate Matrix that has $0 for the rate.
Here's how I set it up:
1. Assign Financially enabled resource to a Project task and select "Non-Billable" for the Charge Code.
2. Created a nonbillable row on the rate matrix.
3. Submitted and posted a timesheet. Verified the Charge Code was nonbillable.
4. Applied the Post to WIP and ran the financial jobs.
5. Check the Cost Plan and it created a separate line item called NON-BILLABLE but it still created charges. The last test I ran for the month of June it looks like it's hitting my all "*" column in the Rate Matrix that has a rate of $1. I don't know what it's doing that.
The expected result is to have no charges for the non-billable hours. Can anyone help me with what I'm doing wrong? I'm really not sure why it's pulling the wrong rate.
Can you check which rate matrix the project is referring to ?
And in that rate matrix, check the row for the non-billable charge code
We only have one rate matrix. I'm sure what you're referring to about checking the row for the non-billable charge code. I only have one non-billable row, all the other rows have an "*" for the Charge Code. I'm assuming this one row should catch anything that's labeled non-billable. Right?
And this one is tagged to the project financial ?
Are you referring to this Labor Matrix section on a project? It's not selected because we only have one rate matrix. All the other transactions on the cost plan work just fine with it like this.
Go to Home, Posted Transaction Review portlet. Filter for this specific investment, resource and date.
Check to see what rate is on the actual transaction.
I see you have 'Resource' as a column in the matrix. IF you have a row for this specific resource and the charge code field is for all values, then perhaps that is where the $1 rate is coming from. The Cost Plan will show the data that is on the PPA_WIP and PPA_WIP_VALUES tables.
If the rate is wrong on the actual WIP transaction, make an adjustment there , approve the adjustment and then open the cost plan again
Thanks for showing me that portlet Kathryn.
Now that I look at my Rate Matrix some more I think I'm having a hierarchical issue. I was assuming the project was using the all "*" line in the rate matrix but I just realized I have other lines that are $1 and Clarity is matching the Resource Class field before the Charge Code field. I going to move the charge code infront of the Resource Class and I think that will fix it.
That was the issue. I moved the Charge Code up in front of some of the other columns and it worked. I got $0 for non-billable hours on a project.
Thanks for all your input.
Yes, the Rate Matrix column configuration acts like a funnel --- moving through the columns from left to right.
Filtering by Date, then column 1, then column 2 and so on through the configuration.