Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a OTB way to version sub object instances?

Posted Mar 27, 2015 12:25 PM

I need to create a way to version the sub object instance and I'm looking into what I can do without processes.

I.e. each time they press new in the sub object for it to iterate the version number

Object1_sub1

Object1_sub2

Object1_sub3

Auto generate looked promising but unfortunately it is global. (i.e. it doesn't restart at 1 on a different instance)

(you can do "Parent Object Attribute Reference" and combine it with number or text)

Writing a process isn't an issue for us, but just want to check there's not an easy way to do this OTB.

Thanks

Andy

• 2.  Re: Is there a OTB way to version sub object instances?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 02:52 AM

In that case, do not go for auto-numbering and advise the users to follow the sequence.

NJ

• 3.  Re: Is there a OTB way to version sub object instances?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 03:38 AM

Hi NJ,

Yes I did think of that but I want to keep the user experience as simple as possible, less things the user has to do the better!

Thanks for your input though, it's looking like a process as it is because the OTB copy function isn't very good.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec525336.aspx

Cheers

• 4.  Re: Is there a OTB way to version sub object instances?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 04:00 AM

"it's looking like a process..." - then that's what should you go for.... I might suggest having a word with support as well

NJ