Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Process to unlock fields

Posted Oct 09, 2014 04:18 AM

Hello all,

...Clarity 13.3.0.286 ...

I created system process for locking fields with auto-start condition. Condition invoke process when I put flag into checkbox. So under project I have one sub-page with couple of fields. Process lock all attributes except checkbox. After refresh of page, all fields are locked (except my checkbox). This works OK.

But then I have another process to unlock these fields once checbox is unflagged. But here is a problem. When I unflag my checkbox and hit save, this change is not saved (checkbox still have flag after save) so process is not invoked. Checkbox is editable but change cannot be saved. So once process to lock attributes runs I cannot unlock them.

Don't you know what should "block" this attribte? Why I cannot save changes in it?

We have developed unlock job which is based on stored procedure, so I am able to unloch fields by this job. But I want to have 2 processes which I can use for locking and unlocking fields after condition is met.

create or replace PROCEDURE UNLOCKFIELD (
        P_OBJECT_CODE       IN VARCHAR,
        P_ATTRIBUTE_CODE    IN VARCHAR,
        P_ODF_PK            IN INTEGER
    )
    AS
    BEGIN
        DELETE FROM odf_locked_attributes WHERE attribute_code = P_ATTRIBUTE_CODE AND object_code = P_OBJECT_CODE AND odf_pk = P_ODF_PK;

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Process to unlock fields

Posted Oct 09, 2014 04:43 AM

Is it perhaps just that when you are unchecking the box to unlock the fields, the original "lock field" process is also running?

i.e. your "lock process" always runs on update of the checkbox, not just when update is from 'before, unchecked' to 'after, checked'.

(just GUESSing here)

• 3.  Re: Process to unlock fields

Posted Oct 13, 2014 04:24 AM

Hello,

I have found the reason of issue. In my locking process I locked all fields which are under project except check-box. There were 2 attributes which makes issue. Don't really understand why they caused problem. One attribute is 'partition_code' and the second one is our custom attribute of attachment type. (Both form odf_ca_project)

So when I exluded these 2 attributes from locking I was able to run my unlocking precess.

But this works only on one subpage. I have more subpages under project where I want to lock and unlock attributes depending on stage. So it looks like on another subpage there is another combination of attributes.