Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft reports - any alternative filter option for hierarchical lookups?

• 1.  Jaspersoft reports - any alternative filter option for hierarchical lookups?

Posted Jun 12, 2015 08:22 AM

Hi,

We have just started to look at the new Jaspersoft reports in Clarity 14.2.

As far as I can see most of the standard Clarity reports we know from version 13 are available in Jaspersoft.

Looking at the options for filtering the reports, I get a bit worried. Our Department OBS has aprox 1.500 units.  In the Jaspersoft filter options this is displayed as a "flat" list. Yes, I can search, but browsing the hiearchy does not seem to be as intuitive as it used to in version 13.  Another issue I see, is that I can not define if the filter on OBS should be "unit only" or "unit and descendants" as we are used to in version 13.

Anyone that know if there are alternative options on how to configure the OBS-filter in Jaspersoft? 

Any tips/hints on how to effeciently navigate a big hierarchical lookup in the Jaspersoft filter?

Thanks for sharing

Kind regards,

Knut

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft reports - any alternative filter option for hierarchical lookups?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2015 10:51 AM

Hi Knut,

as Jaspersoft does not know the logic from Clarity to filter OBS units, it is a TODO to build the input controls (a.k.a. lookups in Clarity) to enable it.

This is possible as Jaspersoft as you can filter an input control based on another input control, as in the hierarchical lookups in Clarity.

The steps to do this would be to create an input control with the statical values, e.g. 'Units only', 'Units and descendants', ...

In the query of the OBS input control, you can apply the first input control to determine the units to show.

Please have a look here:

Cascading Input Controls | Jaspersoft Community

Using Filters and Input Controls | Jaspersoft Community

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft reports - any alternative filter option for hierarchical lookups?

Posted Jun 15, 2015 02:38 AM

Thanks Georg!