Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 17, 2014 05:28 AM

Hi All,

We have planned to streamline the Time sheet approval process. As a part of it, we want to provide the Resource Time Approve rights of a user to more than one manager.

Doubt: Is there are a way to block the email notification that is sent to Approvers when a resource submits the time sheet ? I tried removing the Alerts, Emails, SMS Boolean under Account Settings >> Notification for Time Sheets and Processes, however Managers are still getting the email notification.

Is there any other way to block the email notification when a user submits the time sheet ?

Regards,

Mathan

• 2.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 17, 2014 09:24 AM

Hi,

What product does your question refer to? I'd be happy to move it to the correct community to make sure it gets answered faster.

• 3.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 18, 2014 02:31 AM

My Bad, I didnt knew how to move the question to proper location.

My question is related to CA Clarity PPM.

Regards,

Mathan

• 4.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 18, 2014 10:33 AM

Hi Mathan,

If you want stop email notifications for the users, then you have to disable it from each accounts.

When you do it from account settings, it means that you have disabled from your account. If you want to do it for all the users, you can write a insert query (though it is not supported).

<sql:update>

insert into clb_notification_prefs values (getdate(),${UserID},getdate(),${UserID},${UserID},'NOTIFICATION_TIMESHEETS_TYPE','EMAIL')

</sql:update>

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 5.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 18, 2014 01:52 PM

We have a script that we ran to remove notifications from all users and allow them to opt-in. We ran this initially, and when a new user is created we run another process that removes their default notifications and they use a job aid to assit them in setting up their notifications.

• 6.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 24, 2015 10:53 AM

HI Michael

Would it possible for you to provide us with script. We are trying to find was of removing notifications for existing and new Resources.

Would really appreciate that

Thanks

Stephen Floyd

• 7.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Sep 22, 2014 01:48 PM

You can see the field Send Notification To, on the step of process is fill in.  send notification.jpg

• 8.  Re: Hide Email Notification Related to Time Sheet Submit

Posted Oct 13, 2015 05:43 AM

In 14.3, the notifications can be controlled on the admin side

NJ