Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Inline Edit on some attributes does not work, why?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 02:36 PM

Allow grid editing is set true for Location attribute in project but it does not allow editing it on project list. Why?

• 2.  Re: Inline Edit on some attributes does not work, why?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2015 02:48 PM

This is because the Location OBS Unit field is a system-restricted attribute that is dependent on the Department OBS Unit.

It has a parameter to restrict the list of available units based on the selected Department OBS Unit.

Is the Department OBS Unit also on the list view and a value is already selected?

If not, try that to see if it works with that configuration.

• 3.  Re: Inline Edit on some attributes does not work, why?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 02:58 PM

Yeah, dependency is one thing. However adding both of them in list does not work,

However why that happens to other fields like Start, finish, and many other date fields and some custom drop downs that are not dependent

Thanks and Regards,

Suhas

• 4.  Re: Inline Edit on some attributes does not work, why?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2015 03:03 PM

Because the Location is a system-restricted attribute.

• 5.  Re: Inline Edit on some attributes does not work, why?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 03:17 PM

I figured out the reason I think.

Project list does not allow is but if I created an object based portlet than it allows editing those fields so Project is really the restricted view.

• 6.  Re: Inline Edit on some attributes does not work, why?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2015 04:44 PM

This might indicate restrictions on the Project List for users that do not have security access to the Location OBS on the Financial settings subpage.

Is the user able to make changes to the Location OBS Unit through the subpage?

Creating a user-defined portlet may allow the same user to update the data but it may be due to less security access restrictions.

Please be sure to check the Portlet, Options for the 'Attribute Value Protection' (AVP) settings.

Reference the following technical article for more details on the AVP functionality

TEC1272884 : How to Configure AVP Settings to Improve Performance