Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Hierarchical Portlet - auto expand first level?

Posted Jul 07, 2014 05:26 AM

Hi,

we have created a hierarchical portlet on our Clarity 13.2 environment to provide the currently logged in user relevant information about the future planning:

- 1. Level: resource information like aggregated allocation, availability, utilistaion for the filtered time period

- 2. Level: all projects where the resource is allocated for the filtered time period (Project Allocation)

- 3. Level: all tasks where the resource is assigned and has a defined ETC in the filtered time period

Because of the fact that the user always wants to drill down to see on which projects he or she has to work I am asking if there is a way to automatically expand the hierarchy to level 2 = project level? I know that there is an auto expand option in the portlet configuration. But this would also expand all tasks. I assume that this has to be done in the query. While I was writing this post I got the idea that I could add another paramter to the query just with 1 and 0 to enable or disable the 3rd level and enabling the auto expand option. I will test it. But possibly you have also other ideas without this workaround.

Thanks.

BR,
    Joerg

• 2.  Re: Hierarchical Portlet - auto expand first level?

Posted Jul 09, 2014 06:28 AM

Just wondering if you start your hierarchy at the second level.

• 3.  Re: Hierarchical Portlet - auto expand first level?

Posted Jul 10, 2014 09:54 AM

Hi,

it worked to enable or disable a specific level at all. So by configuring auto expand and setting the parameter to level 2 only resources (level 1) and projects (level 2) will be shown. By setting it to level 3 I also see all assigned tasks. But this is not really the solution I was searching for because depending on the filter parameter I will either see all or no task assignments. The perfect solution would be to see by default all records from level 1 and 2 and can drill down to specific level 3 items. If you just have a few records then its fine.

But I guess that there is no solution for this.

BR,

Joerg