Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Customizing UI Elements and Javascript in v13

Posted Dec 19, 2014 11:11 AM

We recently upgrade our environment to v13.1 from v12. Needless to say, the whole UI architecture is different. In v12, I had no problem customizing various UI elements such as the footer message and some JavaScript. However, in the v13 release, these same technical approaches do not work (even though the same xsl files are in webroot).

I'm interested in making these cusomizations, for example, a footer message seen on every page, but I cannot figure out which files need to be edited to make the needed changes. Is there a tech doc that describes how to customize the front end in JavaScript or HTML?

Thanks

Halty Barrett

• 2.  Re: Customizing UI Elements and Javascript in v13

Posted Dec 19, 2014 12:53 PM

From v13 onwards, a lot of the UI stuff is controlled in the themes that we edit within the application (rather than in code on the application servers).

Its documented in the UI Themes section of the "Studio Developer's Guide"

• 3.  Re: Customizing UI Elements and Javascript in v13

Posted Dec 19, 2014 02:16 PM

Thanks David. I think you are talking about the CSS theming that can be done in the admin console. Wouldn't any changes be strictly limited to CSS alone? For a simple example of what I'd like to accomplish: I would like to show on the page footer the hostname of the particular server the user us connected to. This is obfuscated when the users access the cluster via a load balancer device.