Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM - Project Template Attributes

Posted Dec 03, 2014 10:12 AM

When using the Create Project from Template function in the tool,  I noticed that one of the preset fields is not inheriting the value from  the template, it is rather coming up with a null value in the new project.  Is there some sort of condition or setting that is preventing this field to populate with  the preset value on the template? I am thinking that the issue has something to do with the fact that this  field is a conditional field based on another attribute, but I want to  confirm to ensure I am not doing anything wrong. Thank you in advance.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM - Project Template Attributes

Posted Dec 05, 2014 12:10 AM

"one of the preset fields is not inheriting the value from  the template, it is rather coming up with a null value in the new project." - Is it a custom field ?

"this  field is a conditional field based on another attribute" - Does "another field" have a values set when the project is copied from template ? If yes, then "this  field" should pick up the value based on "another field"

NJ

• 3.  Re: CA PPM - Project Template Attributes

Posted Jan 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Hi NJ, 

Yes this is a custom field and it is indeed a conditional field based on another attribute.  however when creating a project from template, the user must re select the value in the first field so the second field provides options to select from, otherwise the second field is blank..

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

• 4.  Re: CA PPM - Project Template Attributes
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2015 03:33 PM

There is no setting Raul. You may want to consider adding a very simple process that sets the attribute value on project create. 

• 5.  Re: CA PPM - Project Template Attributes

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:57 PM

Sounds like it works as it has always done (as designed)