Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

Posted Aug 14, 2015 03:32 AM

I have a project task where I want to set the Task's finish date to 10/07/15 from 10/08/2015 but Clarity does not allow to do that as 3 of the resources assigned to the task have "Actuals Thru" date = 9/08/15. More confusing is the fact that none of the resources have entered time for the project in concern after May 2015 (*/05/15), and the actuals thru date is taking its value from the last date (of the time period) for which the resources have entered time in other projects.

This is making 2 completely unrelated projects dependent - which is not ideal.

How do I change the "Finish Date" of this task? Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

Posted Aug 14, 2015 03:46 AM

You are correct in thinking that the "Actuals Thru" date is the last date (of the time period) for which the resources have entered time

What this means is that for those resources (who have posted timesheets upto that date) any information prior to that date (such as remaining effort on any other assignment) is now fixed (and for the case of effort it is removed).

I think that you might just need to give your task some more effort (ETC) in order for the end date to start moving out.

• 3.  Re: "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

Posted Aug 14, 2015 04:56 AM

Re

"This is making 2 completely unrelated projects dependent - which is not ideal."

My understanding is that when A resources enters time the act through date is set for all the project where the resource is assigned (not allocated) might recall the discussion where that was posted.

Dave_3.0 might recall the discussion where that was posted.

Secondly the usual way of extending tasks where you have a problem like that is to remove the assignment ETC, set the new end date and re-apply the ETC.

• 4.  Re: "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

Posted Aug 14, 2015 05:02 AM

RE: Changing Actuals Thru Date ??

But yes ; "Actuals Thru" belongs to the resource not the project/task, it is denormalised to the project/task as a "higher bound" as to what data the project/task can play with (at least thats how I think of it).

• 5.  Re: "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

Posted Aug 14, 2015 11:49 AM

Thanks David! I will try playing with ETC but doubt it will help as I have to move the finish date backward not forward.

• 6.  Re: "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

Posted Aug 14, 2015 11:56 AM

OK, well it may be that you still have ETC against (one of) your 3 resources, so the system thinks that the earliest possible date that this task could finish upon is the 10thAugust.

Zero out the ETC and see if that helps.

• 7.  Re: "Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2015 01:13 PM

Hi Dave! this works!! One of the resources had ETC remaining for the task and if I zeroed it I am able to move the task Finish Date backward!

Thanks for your help !!!!

-Ashmi