Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Can you audit changes in the administration of an object?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 09:43 AM

Hi,

We use the Audit functionality on the project object with success today - since we have an open environment that enables users to do changes on many investment being able to track who did a change is a major win for us.

One problem I have encountered is similar in the sense that we have several developers working on changes to the objects themselves - and keeping a log of the changes to be able to look back in time and see who did what is a lot of work.

Is there a way to enabling auditing on changes on the administration side to an object as well? I imagine that a log of changes like a new default view, a new custom attribute, a change of attribute values, etc. would be really good to have for most admins.

• 2.  Re: Can you audit changes in the administration of an object?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 06:57 AM

Clarity provides audit functionality to those studio objects and their listed fields that you can see in the admin tool audit trail.

For other things and things you mention you are limited to the created and alast updated fields. In addition you have to know where to look.

Furhter as those fields store no history you would have to catch the values on a regular basis and store them somewhere more permanent with additional detail to make them usable.

Dave has posted "Documenting your configuration with SQL" (Or close to it) which helps to locate some items.

One more thing is not to have group ID's, but all personal ID's. That is if you have 20 persons modifying the system and using admin as the login ID a record show the admin did it is not really telling that much.

• 3.  Re: Can you audit changes in the administration of an object?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 07:26 AM

Thanks for the reply - but it does strike me as odd that the application does not support an audit trail on changes to the objects themselves. I will create an Idea regarding this.