Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Customize Notifications

Posted Dec 22, 2014 11:00 AM

Hello! We are trying to customize notification 'Action Item - New non-recurring project action item' (NEW_ACTION_ITEM_FILE_NON_RECURRING) to include Investment ID on the notification body, but it is not bringing the id.

We tried using $[Projects.unique_code], but this is not working. Any clues? Appreciate any help.

Thanks!!

Flo

• 2.  Re: Customize Notifications

Posted Dec 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Hi Flo,

I think what you are asking for is very specific to your implementation and not a general question about Release Automation.  If so, you'll need to provide more info.  What is 'Action Item - New non-recurring project action item'?  What is $[Projects.unique_code]?

Thanks,

Tom

• 3.  Re: Customize Notifications

Posted Dec 22, 2014 12:20 PM

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. I posted my question into the wrong community. It was meant for CA PPM community.

Thanks!

Flo

• 4.  Re: Customize Notifications
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2015 04:52 PM

Hi Flo,

The notifications are only available to include attribute values for the object they're immediately associated with (or are inherited in to that object, like you have with $[Action Items.object_name] for example).

So to get hold of the project/investment code, would require a modification of the object to include those attributes.  I've thought about workarounds like having custom attributes added that can be populated with the desired value (somehow) and then include a reference to that attribute in the notification, but I don't think that's viable for the use case of creating an action item which has a notification sent immediately, as the value would have to be populated manually each time.

So in this case, to get a real solution would probably need an enhancement/idea to be proposed to just add the extra fields to the Action Item object out of the box, and have them populated automatically as with the object_name attribute.

• 5.  Re: Customize Notifications

Posted Jan 26, 2015 09:44 AM

Thanks Nick! I'll check if there is already an idea proposed or will submit one.