Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

• 1.  XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Aug 29, 2014 02:12 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just XOGed over a process XML from one environment to another. No error. But the process definition in the second environment does not have autostart conditions. I checked the Process XOG xml and it has the auto start conditions in it. Has anyone come across this condition ? Or can someone try this and confirm what I am seeing is right ?

Regards,

AK

• 2.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Aug 29, 2014 03:45 PM

If you process is such that it will run OOTB and you can share it I can test that.

• 3.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Aug 29, 2014 03:48 PM

Sorry. I cannot share the process. But it's a simple process with a gel script step and auto start condition on project attribute(custom)

Regards,

AK

• 4.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Aug 29, 2014 08:03 PM

perhaps check your multicast configuration?

• 5.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Aug 29, 2014 08:10 PM

m1.jpg

• 6.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Sep 02, 2014 10:22 AM

Hi Connie,

I have verified the multicast settings and it's defined according to the document above. The problem is when I xog a process from dev and push it into test system. The process xog xml contains all auto-start conditions but it does not get pushed into target system. however the xog works without error.

Regards,

AK

• 7.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Sep 02, 2014 10:39 AM

Further, I tested the same xog using 13.2 xog client and it works as expected. The autostart conditions came over to the the target env. So the problem exists with the XOG client 13.3 ?

Regards,

AK

• 8.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Sep 02, 2014 01:29 PM

I once created a process that worked fine in a test region. When I tried to xog it out  it pulled everything except for one action. After some head scratching, I finally found the issue. I had a variable called "process_code" in the action. When I changed it to "proc_cd", it xogged out fine. Any issues like that in your process?

• 9.  Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Sep 02, 2014 02:35 PM

Nope.

• 10.  RE: Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Jan 14, 2020 05:23 PM
    We also see same issue in version 15.6 , is this is bug? Process migrated  fine without any error but start condition is not.

• 11.  RE: Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Jan 15, 2020 10:40 AM
    That typically means something about the condition was invalid (perhaps referencing a custom attribute or lookup value on the linked object that doesn't exist or has a difference).  If I recall, the condition may actually be there if you click on the 'Set Conditions' link under the start options, but it doesn't show an evaluated result instead of 'Set Conditions' due to it being invalid.

You'll need to go into it, correct anything necessary, then re-evaluate and save.

XOG itself doesn't give a warning or indication about this as far as I recall.

• 12.  RE: Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue

Posted Jan 15, 2020 11:00 AM
    The condition is valid, and only issue with XOG, same condition is working after we add manually.

• 13.  RE: Re: XOG - Process Auto-start conditions issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2020 11:09 AM
    You may want to raise an issue then; the content pack write of the process definition disagrees and didn't find the condition valid at the time it was made, but perhaps that is a defect.  If your XOG also contained the lookups/objects it was dependent upon, but the process definition was applied first, it may have been seen as invalid even though the dependent components were applied that would have allowed it to be valid.

I know when I was at CA I worked on some related faults, but if I recall that was focused more around the fact that a condition existed but wasn't shown/displayed (or indicating that it was in error) and so just looked like it had or expected no conditions.  So I don't recall a defect having been logged about XOG incorrectly parsing a process start condition as invalid when it wasn't.