Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts

Posted Aug 18, 2014 09:57 AM

Here i have another odd issue in Version 13.2

Project manager has added few resources in team but not yet assigned any task to them.

Wonder is users are able to add the task by themselves while filling their efforts in the time sheet.

I have checked using user credentials. They have basic team member rights but still they could see all assigned and non assigned tasks when they click on ADD TASK button in their time sheet.

I'm not getting why this is happening. They don't have any special rights.

Please guide me in this regard.

• 2.  Re: User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 18, 2014 12:06 PM

• 3.  Re: User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts

Posted Aug 19, 2014 12:43 AM

Thanks a lot to Martti and Urmas...

• 4.  Re: User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts

Posted Aug 19, 2014 02:12 AM

I have checked the "Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks" attribute and i made it Default value.

But still users are able to see the task and add it in their time sheet.

When user clicks on ADD TASK button there is an drop down "Show Task" in which he will be able to filter the "ALL, ASSIGNED and NON ASSIGNED" tasks and able to add the to his time sheet.

Could you please suggest me what else we can do in this regard.

• 5.  Re: User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts

Posted Aug 21, 2014 04:27 PM

Well, what can I say.

I have written the perquisites, I can only test myself how it works for me and see if I get the same result as you. Can't say when could I have the time.

Apparently I am getting old and slow.

• 6.  Re: User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts

Posted Aug 24, 2014 06:44 AM

Is there an effort task on the project? I believe this is a default setting which will add a effort task to every project. All the Team members are automatically added to this Task.

If this is the issue -

You will have to uncheck this on the "Admin >> settings >> Allow effort Task Creation" for any new projects. For existing projects, you can uncheck this on the team record.

• 7.  Re: User is just assigned to project but not to task. User is able to add task in his time sheet and fill his efforts