Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Actuals not getting displayed on Project list page

• 1.  Actuals not getting displayed on Project list page

Posted 08-11-2014 06:29 AM

Hi,

If you look at below snapshot, you will realize that the Actuals(Calculated) is not displaying any values on dashboards, project list. But if one can see its there on teams, tasks etc. So Ppa_wip has it but not shown on investment lists. Any clue?

actuals issue.png

• 2.  Re: Actuals not getting displayed on Project list page

Posted 08-11-2014 06:57 AM

Are you running the Investment Allocation job?

• 3.  Re: Actuals not getting displayed on Project list page

Posted 08-11-2014 02:41 PM
    Title:  How often should I run the Investment Allocation Job?

Description:

How often should I run the Investment Allocation Job? I need real time access to actuals and ETC at the investment level.

Solution:

The Investment Allocation job and the investment list page is sometimes thought of as a real time reporting solution for investment actuals and ETC. However, the investment allocation job is better suited for daily reporting as the job aggregates data from various tables for each investment. This job is very db intensive because it updates every investment in the system. As a result, it should not be run frequently. Many CA Clarity customers run the job only once per day. The investment list page is also suited better as a navigation point and should be limited in the number of fields added to it, as it is an entry point into the investment properties for all users.

For immediate access to Actuals and ETC at the project level, a custom portlet would be more efficient and could achieve real-time results as long as the portlet is focused on those items and does not join in too much other data. Consult your DBA for optimal query design or contact CA Services if you need help building your own custom portlets and reporting solutions.

* NOTE: * If the 'Investment Allocation' job is executed in between incremental runs of the Rate Matrix Extraction, the Incremental Option will effectively behave in the same manner as a full execution because the 'Investment Allocation' job will update all projects.

NJ