Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM 14.1 Documentation

Posted Sep 30, 2014 09:45 AM

On behalf of the CA Clarity™ PPM Information Services team at CA Technologies, we are pleased to announce that the technical information products for the new CA Clarity™ PPM Release 14.1 are now available. The product documentation has been updated to incorporate release changes, has been improved based on customer feedback, and helps you find information faster.

• Microsoft Project Users – The Project Management User Guide and Installation Guide have been updated to document the improved flow of activities for installing and using the Microsoft Project Interface. This content has also been improved based on customer issues and requests. 
    • Change Impact and Upgrade – This guide has been updated to include information about previous releases. This change was made to make searching for upgrade information on previous releases easier. The guide now includes relevant information on 14.1 and all 13.x releases.
    • CA Clarity PPM Cookbook. Information, news, and tips from the CA Clarity™ PPM team are available on the mobile device platform Flipboard. Learn More…

You may access the CA Clarity™ PPM documentation on CA Support Online (no login required) and also by searching (Google, Bing, Yahoo).

For more information about what's new in this release, see the Release Notes.

• 2.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM 14.1 Documentation

Posted Sep 30, 2014 01:11 PM

Thanks for letting the community know John!

• 3.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM 14.1 Documentation

Posted Sep 30, 2014 03:28 PM

Thanks quite a lot to go through if you want your knowledge updated.

• 4.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM 14.1 Documentation

• 5.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM 14.1 Documentation

Posted Oct 10, 2014 12:15 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for this update, a little bit of feedback (sorry if this is the wrong place!)

Firstly the quality of the guides has really improved, however what would really take them to the next level is the inclusion of screenshots.

Example, in the portfolios guide a few screenshots would make it a bit easier to follow to new users.

I'm not expecting a step by step screenshot, save that for a video tutorial! (hint hint)

Thanks

Andrew

• 6.  Re: GA Announcement – CA Clarity PPM 14.1 Documentation

Posted Oct 11, 2014 02:12 PM

Hi Andrew (am1),

Thank you very much for your comment about the quality of the documentation improving, that means a lot! The Clarity writers have been working very hard, release by release, to improve the doc quality. So it's very nice to hear from you that their hard work is paying off.

This is a perfect place for you to provide feedback like this. I and my team follow threads such as this, and it is easy for us to find them since it is tagged with the documentation tag. I encourage all of you to please tag anything having to do with documentation with the documentation tag. That way, it's very easy to filter and find them.

As far as screen shots, yes, we are aware of this and I do agree with you that they provide a tremendous amount of value. How does that saying go - a picture is worth a thousand words.

We obviously need to use good judgment when putting in screen shots. And, you may have noticed that we have already started putting them in. But thank you for this feedback and we will continue to put them in judiciously.

As far as videos, we are in touch with our team members in the Education department discussing the possibility of including them. So please stay tuned for more on this.

Thank you for your feedback, and keep it coming!