Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Total monthly allocations per project

Posted Aug 26, 2014 10:38 AM

I have a requirement to provide total month allocations (and/or ETC if possible) for a 12 month period. I've tried toying with a few already available portlets but haven't gotten gotten there so was looking to see if anyone has already done something similar. Running on Clarity 13.0

First thing I tried was Home > Resource Planning > Allocations > Weekly Detail portlet, and adjusting to Monthly time-scale, filter to only show Projects,and Allocation > 0. This gives me a (large) list of all resources and their allocations to each project for the 12 months. This sort of works, but requires exporting to Excel to summarize/manipulate the info.

2nd idea was Home > Resource Center > Resource Planning > Resource Demand. This actually seems closer to the desired goal, but the rows are grouped by project Type and export only dumps out the top level totals.  I was hoping I could break out the list to not be grouped but I couldn't figure out how, and the underlying query (Resource Allocation) was overwhelming to say the least. Also for this one, I tried using Power Filter to have it only show projects but anything I put in the filter ends up with no result data, which I'm guessing is because it leaves nothing at the top level to display?

• 2.  Re: Total monthly allocations per project

Posted Aug 26, 2014 12:23 PM

Weekly detail portlet is also my #1 choice when looking at anything like this.

If that does not work then my #2 is Resource workloads. Surprised that you did not look at that

(I usually put test portlets on my dashboard (in Home menu group)