Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a limit on copies of roles added to template tasks in CA PPM 13.3?

Posted May 07, 2015 03:40 PM

We have a user who has added the role of Developer 18 times to a template. So on the team there is Developer, Developer (1), Developer (2), etc. When they create a task they can assign Developer, Developer (1),  etc. all the way through Developer (10), but no others. They can add other roles, but not Developers. Is there a limit on the copies of roles that can be added to a task?

• 2.  Re: Is there a limit on copies of roles added to template tasks in CA PPM 13.3?

Posted May 07, 2015 03:45 PM

I am not aware of any limit. But look forward to seeing if there is one.

• 3.  Re: Is there a limit on copies of roles added to template tasks in CA PPM 13.3?

Posted May 08, 2015 01:41 AM

Is there any error message you see in the app-ca.log when you try to assign the role on the task ?

NJ

• 4.  Re: Is there a limit on copies of roles added to template tasks in CA PPM 13.3?

Posted May 08, 2015 01:44 AM
      |   view attached

The reason I ask is 'cause I just checked and was able to assign 18 Architect roles to the task.

I've attached the screenshot for your reference. The env is 13.3.0.286 09 3

NJ

• 5.  Re: Is there a limit on copies of roles added to template tasks in CA PPM 13.3?

Posted May 08, 2015 11:33 AM

No, we do not receive any error. When we try to assign a new role to the task and filter for Developer, there are no results.

Thanks for showing it can be done, though. There must be something else that I am missing that is preventing the role from showing in the assign filter.

• 6.  Re: Is there a limit on copies of roles added to template tasks in CA PPM 13.3?

Posted May 08, 2015 03:03 PM

I have found that if I create a new task and assign the roles to it all at once, it works. But if I only assign even just one, then I cannot go back in and assign another of the same role name. It also works to remove all the Developer roles and then go back and add them all at once. Then I can add all 18.