Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How Do You Restore Portfolios after Upgrade to 13.3?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 12:38 PM

We recently upgraded our Dev environment from 13.1 to 13.3. Looking at the 13.2 Change Impact Guide, I see that the old tables are backed up to XBKP_PMA_PORTFOLIOS. I don't see anything in the guide that tells me how to get the data to the new PFM_PORTFOLIO table. I don't think I missed a pre-upgrade actions, but it's possible. What needs to be done to restore the data from the old portfolio tables? Is there a way to use XOG (which I have not used) to restore the data? We have 8 portfolios and it will take hours, if not days to rebuild these portfolios.

• 2.  Re: How Do You Restore Portfolios after Upgrade to 13.3?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 01:13 PM

Guess, you will have to recreate the portfolios manually.

NJ

• 3.  Re: How Do You Restore Portfolios after Upgrade to 13.3?

Posted Jun 19, 2014 02:00 PM

Seriously why didn't CA give us some way migrate this data?

I found a thread that may help.

RE: Portfolio Migration (CA Clarity PPM 13.2 or newer)

• 4.  Re: How Do You Restore Portfolios after Upgrade to 13.3?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2014 02:09 PM

The data cannot be migrated 'cause "Portfolio Management feature is not an enhancement to prior versions, but is completely re-written. There is no upgradability from the old portfolio data to the new portfolios."

NJ

• 5.  Re: How Do You Restore Portfolios after Upgrade to 13.3?

Posted Jun 23, 2014 07:02 AM

On a custormer point of view, this is not an acceptable answer. CA may have rewritten Portfolios, but this is more a technical change than a business one.

in Clarity v13.3:

-  we can manage a list of Portfolios -> portfolios from v13.1 could have been migrated, even empty.

- Investiments can be attached to Portfolios => existing investiments/projects fom v13.1 could have been migrated and attached to new portfolios

I think that Portfolio basic data and attributes could have been migrated easily, and that it could have been enough for a large part of Clarity customers (even if it is not a complete data migration). At least it would have be much better than NOTHING.

We are also currently testing Senthi's script (big up to him ^^)

Stéphane

(Clarity user since niku 5 )