Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Process Monitor page error in CSA

Posted Jun 18, 2014 07:50 AM

Hi Friends,

We just upgraded to v13.3 from v13.0 and applied patch5. While doing all the verifications, when I navigate to the Process Monitor page in CSA under Monitoring, I get the error 'System error. Contact system administrator.'. Please find below the error details from the nsa-ca.log.

CSA Error.JPG

ERROR 2014-06-18 13:46:17,123 [http-bio-8090-exec-58] niku.xql2 (clarity:sa:RLkweQNzUqYAfLP5KvhU9shDtR26ZZ8krJtUqDLDFEc0:nsa.pemConfig)

Internal Processing exception

com.niku.xql2.XQLInvalidElementException: Missing host attribute

at com.niku.nsa.xbl.handlers.XmlFileReadHandler.postProcess(XmlFileReadHandler.java:61)

at com.niku.nsa.xbl.handlers.ConfigFileReadHandler.postProcess(ConfigFileReadHandler.java:46)

at com.niku.xql2.handlers.InvokeHandler.postProcess(InvokeHandler.java:53)

at com.niku.xql2.XQLVisitor.postProcess(XQLVisitor.java:1411)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.postProcess(DOMWalker.java:210)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:94)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:92)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverseIntern(DOMWalker.java:92)

at com.niku.union.xml.dom.DOMWalker.traverse(DOMWalker.java:36)

at com.niku.xql2.XQLProcessor.process(XQLProcessor.java:257)

at com.niku.xql2.XQLProcessor.process(XQLProcessor.java:283)

at com.niku.xql2.binding.ServiceControlBindingXql.processFile(ServiceControlBindingXql.java:388)

at com.niku.xql2.binding.ServiceControlBindingXql.getDocument(ServiceControlBindingXql.java:271)

at com.niku.xql2.binding.ServiceControlBindingXql.processRequest(ServiceControlBindingXql.java:155)

at com.niku.union.service.ServiceControlImpl.processRequest(ServiceControlImpl.java:762)

at com.niku.union.service.ServiceControlImpl.processRequest(ServiceControlImpl.java:211)

at com.niku.union.web.WebServiceAdapter.processRequest(WebServiceAdapter.java:219)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processServiceRequest(PortletController.java:1419)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processAuthorizedPortlet(PortletController.java:902)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processPageActionRequest(PortletController.java:397)

at com.niku.union.web.PortletController.processRequest(PortletController.java:164)

at com.niku.union.web.WebActionController.processAction(WebActionController.java:1327)

at com.niku.union.web.WebActionController.processRequest(WebActionController.java:187)

at com.niku.union.web.WebControlServlet.service(WebControlServlet.java:344)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.niku.union.web.filter.ClarityContentFilter.doFilter(ClarityContentFilter.java:154)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.niku.union.web.filter.GZIPResponseFilter.doFilter(GZIPResponseFilter.java:142)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at com.niku.union.web.filter.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:68)

at org.apache.catalina.filters.AddDefaultCharsetFilter.doFilter(AddDefaultCharsetFilter.java:88)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at com.niku.union.web.valves.ErrorPageRedirectValve.invoke(ErrorPageRedirectValve.java:70)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks,

Georgy

• 2.  Re: Process Monitor page error in CSA

Posted Jun 18, 2014 08:08 AM

Hi Georgy,

Do you have a correct multicast address setup ?

If not, set the correct multicast settings and/or Turn off autodiscovery from the 'Servers' list in the csa

I hope this helps.

Regards

Nitin

• 3.  Re: Process Monitor page error in CSA

Posted Jun 18, 2014 08:36 AM

Hi Nitin,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Never tried anything other than autodiscovery as it is by default ON in CSA, so was ignorant on how to turn this off. Anyway as you had mentioned the servers listing page, I tried clicking on 'Switch To Use Hosts File' button and it now shows 'Switch To Use Auto Discovery'. So I guess now autodiscovery is turned off in our CSA.

This is our DEV environment with no clustering. The Multicast Address and Multicast Port are having their default values of 230.0.0.3 and 9090. Looks ok to me

Restarted NSA service after this autodiscovery change and the error is still there.

Thanks,

Georgy

• 4.  Re: Process Monitor page error in CSA
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2014 09:26 AM

Hi Georgy,

See if you can access it using this link.  You will have to format your URL and replace clrtnitin with your hostname.

http://clrtnitin/niku/nu#action:security.pemconfig&host=clrtnitin:9091

Also, try to Include a bind address if one has not been specified.

Is your beacon running on that server ?

Regards

Nitin

• 5.  Re: Process Monitor page error in CSA

Posted Jun 18, 2014 10:54 AM

Had this same error.  Support logged it as a bug -- logged as: CLRT-73518.  The work around given to me was:

1) Log into your CSA
    2) Click on Servers
    3) Click on "Use hosts file"
    4) Log out of CSA
    5) Restart services
    6) Log into CSA
    7) Try and navigate to the Process Monitor

The "use hosts file" means that we are turning off autodiscover. When you have multiple servers (perhaps like in your production environment), this particular setting  searches for all of your servers or "hosts" automatically. When we turn this off, your CSA is looking for only the hosts available. Using this setting in a clustered environment means that you would have to use a bind address under the multicasting settings in the CSA.

V/r,

Gene

• 6.  Re: Process Monitor page error in CSA

Posted Jun 18, 2014 11:54 PM

Hi Friends,

gcubed Thanks a lot for the details on the clarity bug. But were you still able to navigate to the CSA Process Monitor link without the error, even after following the workaround from CA? Because I am still getting the same error in CSA

NitinAgarwal wow, this worked!!! I got the below screen when i accessed the URL you suggested, without making any further CSA changes except for turning off AutoDiscovery. I guess this is the same screen which you will get when you click on the Process Monitor link in CSA. Yes Nitin, beacon is running on the server and its port is 9091. Anyway this solves my query. Thank you

Are these fields below or the functionality of this page described anywhere in the Clarity docs? Just wanted to see what all these settings I see below really mean.

Process Monitor Configuration.JPG

Thanks a lot,

Georgy