Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Auto Team Creation for Ideas

Posted May 25, 2014 08:59 AM

Hello,

I need to add a new functionality on Ideas. When a user creates an idea, we want to add all department members of created user to team, then they all will be able to enter timeentries for this idea. 

I thought that I can do it via an SP and analyzed SQL trace of adding a new resource to idea team. Steps seems as follow,

-- Add required records to prteam and odf_ca_team tables.

-- Add required records to prassignment and odf_ca_assignment taables.

-- Delete and Insert related timeslice tables. 

There are some questions that I am currently working on;

-- How to set ID fields and  what is sequencing mechanism

-- How to set timevarying binary data fields(blob fields). 
    I will use a reference record for that.  I mean I will copy this fields from a reference team record. Because I only want to show this ideas on timesheets. 

It doesn't seem like a good way to do that via an SP. Is it possible to do this kind of customization in a different way. Did you ever made this kind of customization? Do you have any suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Çağıl

• 2.  RE: Auto Team Creation for Ideas
    Best Answer

Posted May 28, 2014 06:17 AM

Hi,

Automated Gel Process seems to be best solution.

-> SQL to find the department members  for user who created the Idea or Project.

-> Save the member list in variable ( You need more information like project or Idea id etc to construct the xml )

-> construct the XML using above information

-> Run the XML

Construct XML according to your requirement … you can add user as team member or you can just give appropriate access rights to achieve your needs (timesheet access).

-Gurjeet

• 3.  RE: Auto Team Creation for Ideas

Posted May 28, 2014 08:10 AM

Thank you very much Gurjeet

• 4.  RE: Auto Team Creation for Ideas

Posted Jun 23, 2020 12:16 PM
    Hi Anon ,

Have you implemented the above functionality ? If you can share some lights, it will be helpful