Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to capture hours for Fixed Priced Projects

Posted Jun 30, 2009 01:48 PM
    I need to know what is the best way to handle this..Our company, apart from working on multiple  projects is outsourcing few projects to other companies.They want to capture these project details with the total contracted hours, rather than the individual hours put by the resources to complete this project (which could be more or less).So what  is the best way to capture this information,  so that  it complies  all auditors requirements  and the information can be reported on reports.    ThanksRajiv Damodaran    

• 2.  Re: How to capture hours for Fixed Priced Projects

Posted Jul 02, 2009 07:09 AM
    Hi Rajiv,  I am checking to see if anyone I know has some ideas on this.   Hopefully I will hear soon.   Meanwhile maybe there is another user here who can chime in who has ideas.  Regards,Chris

• 3.  Re: How to capture hours for Fixed Priced Projects

Posted Jul 02, 2009 10:15 AM
    Suggestion from someone here is below.   Beyond that you may want to log an issue with Support if no other user has further suggestions.  Regards,Chris   Project Stoplight Report shows the rpoject level information for actual hours, baseline, things like that.

• 4.  Re: How to capture hours for Fixed Priced Projects

Posted Jul 07, 2009 11:35 PM
    Hi rajiv,  i'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking.Are you trying to write a report to show that information, and are you just after the SQL.Is it the 'contract amount' field  on the individual projects that you require? (if so this can be lifted straight from the database)  regards,Matt

• 5.  Re: How to capture hours for Fixed Priced Projects

Posted Jul 09, 2009 01:14 PM
    My suggestion would be to capture the baseline resource allocation ask. Assign tasks to the resources on the team and have them track their time on those tasks. At my site, we don't have this feature turned on or that process defined. But I do think that Clarity has this capability.

• 6.  RE: How to capture hours for Fixed Priced Projects

Posted Aug 08, 2020 05:44 AM
    Edited by Kayley Cunningham Aug 08, 2020 11:51 PM
    Usually, the main problems occur while choosing between a specifically dedicated team and project outsourcing. IT solutions love to invent new and complex names for pricing models. The pricing issue always depends on the company size, number of employees, etc. As well as, complexity of the project, timing and terms. People sometime quote very low price which is impractical, before awarding outsourcing project one must assess minimum cost associated with it.