Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to install the OWB after v13.3 upgrade and Patch5

Posted Jun 11, 2014 09:37 AM

Hi Friends,

My machine is not having OWB installed at present. After our v13.3 Upgrade and Patch 5 installation, we decided to test if the download of project plan to OWB and saveback to clarity is working fine. I downloaded the exe file from the upgraded v13.3 Clarity application and tried installing it on my machine running it as another Admin user account. No matter how many times I do the install, each time I am getting this below error for OWB and Schedule Connect.

Error Message: The wizard was interrupted before CA Clarity PPM Schedule Connect could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complte installaion at another time, please run setup again.

My machine is on Windows7 Enterprise, SP1 and if I am right this OWB version with v13.3 should be Open Workbench 2.1. Any Idea why I keep getting this error for both OWB and Schedule Connect?

OWB Error.png

Thanks,

Georgy

• 2.  Re: Unable to install the OWB after v13.3 upgrade and Patch5

Posted Jun 27, 2014 06:38 PM

Hi All,

Anyone have ideas here for Georgy?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: Unable to install the OWB after v13.3 upgrade and Patch5

Posted Jun 27, 2014 07:05 PM

Assuming any permission issues are excluded by using the admin account, try:

1.  Temporarily change the PATH variable to exclude anything with (x86) or strange characters in it (you can set it back after installation completes)

2.  Install outside the default directories (e.g. C:\CA\OWB instead of the default ...Program Files(86)...)

• 4.  Re: Unable to install the OWB after v13.3 upgrade and Patch5

Posted Jun 28, 2014 01:37 AM

Does the OWB package do the first step of wirting the two separate install packages (OWB and Scehdule Connect) to the specified folder on the disc?

If it does you could try to run them separately.

They create .msis file for the actual installation some where in Windows folder.

You can search for them when the installer is waiting for approval of the path and the selection of the components.

If you find them you could try running them.

If you do not have them you could start the install on any othe PC and take the .msi files from there and try to install from them.

• 5.  Re: Unable to install the OWB after v13.3 upgrade and Patch5
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 02, 2014 08:07 AM

Hi Urmas and Aditya,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. We tried them all and saw that even if we try the separate install of OWB and ScheduleConnect, it is giving the same error. But we also observed that the install is not creating the required .msis files in the Windows folder as you had mentioned. This made us log off completely from the machine and login as the Admin User and then do the installation. That worked and we had a smooth installation. All is well now

Not sure why the install was not working when I run the exe files using Admin user account while still logged in as a non-admin user. We were right-clicking the exe files, selecting 'Run as different user' and gave the Admin user credentials, as shown below. Anyway now I know that it doesn't work that way!!!

OWB install.png

Regards,

Georgy