Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  REST Base Query - Executing REST call through PX

Posted May 16, 2020 10:27 AM
    Hi All,

I am trying to make webservice call to service now from Policy Xpress to create a request in Service now. In the Data elements tab of PX, i am trying to make this call.

When i provide Servicenow URL, username, password and requestbody in the data elements and click on Test, i get response from Service now.

But now, service now team is saying that they are recevign the request twice and two requests are getting generated. I am pretty sure that we are just making one service now call.

I am not able to understand the problem is on whcih end(IDM or service Now).

IdM Version: 14.2

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  RE: REST Base Query - Executing REST call through PX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2020 12:32 PM
    Maybe try setting DEBUG level on the ims.policyxpress category and then review the IM Server log after testing to see if you see activity happening more than once. Also review your PX Policy configuration to make sure you are not set to execute it more often then you are expecting. Also not sure if there could be any type of load-balancer involved that might be duplicating traffic.

• 3.  RE: REST Base Query - Executing REST call through PX
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2020 07:08 AM
    I believe this is fixed in IM 14.2 CP2 or later

DE382515
    REST calls via Policy Xpress are submitted twice.
    Code implementation was not properly handled.
    HIGH
    http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-2/release-information/release-notes-14-2-cumulative-patches/cp-im-140200-0002-fixed-defects-list.html

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Widjaja
    ====================
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------