Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Suite - clock offset is xx seconds - CA Directory replication might fail

Posted Oct 01, 2019 03:23 AM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite 14.3 vapp. 

Currently on my Virtual appliance web-console, there is a warning message on the UserStore & Provisioning Server object
    [warn] clock offset of <IP> is XX seconds - CA Directory replication might fail 

Can anyone advice, what should i do to sync the time to correct value ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Identity Suite - clock offset is xx seconds - CA Directory replication might fail
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 04:17 AM

Hi William,

I just looked at one of my vApp 14.3 env and ntp is supposed to be configured ootb.

On you vApp machine, as config user, could you run:

service ntpd restart

cat /var/log/messages

and check the outcome of the restart.

Maybe port udp/123 is blocked in your env and/or you have to configure ntp to use an internal ntp server. If this is the case then you can look at https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-suite/14-3/virtual-appliance/configuring-virtual-appliance.html#concept.dita_e8bc3a132b722521f1368d7a3210969a821df413_ConfigureTimeandNetworkTimeProtocol.

By default, vApp uses the CentOS pool:

server 0.centos.pool.ntp.org iburst

server 1.centos.pool.ntp.org iburst

server 2.centos.pool.ntp.org iburst

server 3.centos.pool.ntp.org iburst

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Identity Suite - clock offset is xx seconds - CA Directory replication might fail

Posted Oct 01, 2019 04:52 AM
    Hi Joffrey, thanks for the advice. I will try.

regards,
    William