Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal: Use History Editor in a Portal Form

Posted Jul 26, 2019 06:42 AM
    Hi,

I'm trying to configure Identity Portal to run a request using something similar to "Change My Account" OOTB IM task.
    When this task is used from IM, the user have the ability to edit a generic text field with his request.
    This result in modify of the history editor field which will be registered in the task details visible into VST.

Is it possible to reproduce something similar using a portal form.
    How we can define the history field into the form editor ?

Any use case similar available ?

Thanks
    Fabrizio

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal: Use History Editor in a Portal Form

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2019 12:15 PM
    We are unsure of what you are trying to do.
    Can you provide a screen shot from IM screena and result in VST?

Bill Patton

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal: Use History Editor in a Portal Form
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2019 06:37 PM

Hi Fabrizio,

I think you could mock something up similar to User History with a little ingenuity. Here I've created a new module in Portal for custom requests. It is not related to entitlements, so there is no execution plan. Here is a screen shot after submitting the request.

You could add timestamp and user info into this as well.  All I did was extend Change My Account to enable Web Services, and create a form for this in Portal.

You could leverage a custom attribute if you want to maintain history outside of the task, or use  Px to clean up after all approvals are done. Here is a comparison between the original IM VST for Change My Account, and the one I submitted via Portal.

Original:

Portal configured:

The details are not saved in Task History, rather in the User Profile area.  This method uses the same workflow as the original. I hope this helps.

You can also submit an enhancement request to enable User History fieldType in Portal.

Thanks,

Jeremy

------------------------------
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Identity Portal: Use History Editor in a Portal Form

Posted Jul 29, 2019 03:03 AM
    Hi Jeremy,

thanks a lot for your suggestions.
    I am also testing something similar using a screen attribute for the original request.
    All subsequent comments, inserted during the workflow process, will be stored in the vst history.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any trick to insert the history field into the portal form.
    As you suggested I will submit an enhancement request to enable User History fieldType in Portal.

Thanks,

Fabrizio