Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Need to create 1000+ provisioning roles

Posted Sep 06, 2019 12:53 AM
    Hi Team,

As per customer requirement, we need to create 1000+provisioning roles in IDM and same we need to create as a target permissions in IP. So is this good practice??is there any performance issue after creating 1000+ provisioning roles? So please suggest me.

Thanks,
    Jeevan

• 2.  RE: Need to create 1000+ provisioning roles

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 11:51 AM
    I am not aware of a known issue.

Test if first before rolling it into production.  I also recommend reviewing the performance tuning.

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer
    Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Need to create 1000+ provisioning roles
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 11:52 AM
    I am not aware of a known issue.

Test if first before rolling it into production.  I also recommend reviewing the performance tuning.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-3/administrating/managed-endpoints-and-provisioning/provisioning-roles/provisioning-role-performance.html

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-manager/14-3/reference/performance-tuning/performance-tuning-for-provisioning.html

Thank you.  

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer
    Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: Need to create 1000+ provisioning roles

Posted Sep 09, 2019 01:45 PM
    Single digit thousands should be OK
    I think if you go above 15,000 to 20,000 you may experience issues. You should definitely test first if you are at this size.