Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal - Bulk Request support approval ?

Posted Sep 30, 2019 06:27 AM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite 14.3 vapp .

Am testing Access Request with Bulk Upload via Identity Portal. 
    Created Bulk task & Execution plan for bulk task and tested working without setup any approval.

But when i configure my bulk task with approval, the task just show submitted, without showing pending approval 

When i check View Submitted task, Bulk Load task is completed and my actual task is still pending(In progress) approval (which is showing correct status).

But the issue is on Identity Portal, it does not show the item is pending approval. It only show in CA IM view submitted task, then how does the manager can approve it ?

Anyone can advice on this ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Identity Portal - Bulk Request support approval ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2019 09:56 AM
    When the manager logs into IDM, do they see the approval?
    What is the approval task?  Have you mapped that task to a Portal task?

Lynn McMorrow
    Solutions Architect
    CA, A Broadcom Company
    M: 516-754-2749
    O: 631-533-8685

• 3.  RE: Identity Portal - Bulk Request support approval ?

Posted Sep 30, 2019 09:59 PM
    When the manager logs into IDM, do they see the approval?
    >> If I login as manager into IDM, i do see the approval item. But this does not happen in Identity Portal. 
    Please be remind that, manager & end user will login Identity Portal only. (They does not login IDM  console).

What is the approval task?  Have you mapped that task to a Portal task?
    >> Approval task is Approval Modify User. Yes. i have mapped the modify user task to identity portal. 
    Please be remind that, my IP tasks & forms & bulk tasks works in Identity Portal when i DID NOT set with any approval.

When i set with approval, then approval did not works accordingly.  

As I can understand, we can set approval in either "Bulk task/Upload" task or set on "Modify User" task
    If I set on "Bulk task/Upload", manager only required to approval once per bulk task/upload. 
    If I set on "modify user" task, then manager required to approval X times based on number of users been submitted.

I have tested with both tasks, it did not works on the approval. 

regards,
    William

• 4.  RE: Identity Portal - Bulk Request support approval ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 12:47 PM
    I understand your end users aren't logging into the back-end IDM.  I wanted to check that the user received the approval to validate the approval is working as expected.  Since we know s/he is getting the approval, it's just a matter of letting the Portal know about the approval task.

Per your response to #2, I understand that you have mapped "modify user" to the portal. . However, the task that the user needs to access from the portal is likely "Approve modify user."  (Or, per your comment, "Approval Modify User.")  You can confirm this where you set the workflow:
    - wherever you set the workflow, e.g. defined a single- or 2-stage approval workflow, defined who should be resolved as the approvers, etc. you should have specified an approval task.  Note the name of that task.

Once you define which task is set as the approval task, map that task to the portal.
    - go into the portal Admin UI, --> elements --> tasks
    - click add
    - find the approval task you located above

After you add the task to the portal, the user should see the approval show up in his/her tasks. 

In 14.3, you should not have to do this, but it can't hurt... also check to ensure that task has web services enabled:
    - in IDM go to roles and tasks --> admin tasks --> Modify admin task
    - search for and select the approval task you just identified
    - ensure the Enable Web Services box is checked.

• 5.  RE: Identity Portal - Bulk Request support approval ?

Posted Oct 02, 2019 11:34 PM

Hi Lynn,
    i have tried ur advice, but the approval workflow still does not work with Bulk Upload. 
    I have create ticket with CA support.

regards,
    William

• 6.  RE: Identity Portal - Bulk Request support approval ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 07:49 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, William.  Please send me the support ticket #.  I am interested in the resolution if mapping the task did not work.  It could also just be an issue of clearing cache, or restarting the connector after making the change I indicated above... but regardless, I'm definitely interested in following the support issue.