Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Manager 12.6 and ODI endpoint type

Posted Oct 26, 2021 06:40 PM
    Hi all
    we have an identity manager 12.6 customer environement and we noticed a daily error with the "Capture Snapshot Data task".
    We know that the idm version is out of support and we are going to upgrade it but at the moment we are facing this problem and we have to solve it now.

The error that we receive is:
    TASKSESSION - Endpoint Type: ODI not found to be registered in IM. cannot export Template

Infact in the idm webconsole the enpoint type ODI is not available when we try to list the enpoint from the "view endpoints" menu; but in the provisioning manager console the ODI enpoint Type exist and also there are two accounts ODI.

So i'm wondering why the idm is not able to list the ODI endpoints. does anybody faced the same problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Ivan De Marco

• 2.  RE: Identity Manager 12.6 and ODI endpoint type

Posted Nov 05, 2021 05:25 AM
    Hi all,
    any ideas about this question?

thanks and Regards
    Ivan

• 3.  RE: Identity Manager 12.6 and ODI endpoint type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2021 10:38 AM

Hi Ivan,

It looks like that when your ODI connector has been deployed, the jar to be deployed in IM was not generated. Is it possible? If you go to immanage console, Environments, your IME name, Roles then import, do you see a line for your ODI connector in the EndpointType category?

If not, you could try to generate the jar file using roledefgenerator, deploy it in IM and import the roledef (see here for the steps)

• 4.  RE: Identity Manager 12.6 and ODI endpoint type

Posted Nov 08, 2021 11:30 AM
    Hello Joffrey
    thanks for your answer.

If i search in the manage console i can't see the ODI connector in the endpoint ypes category.

When i list the endpointtype by the roldefgenerator i can see the ODI. But i can import only the ODI connector with the roldefgenerartor?

If i import it again i will overwrite what alreay exist? 
    The environent is the production one and i wouldn't change anything of what is current configured.

Thanks and Regards
    Ivan

• 5.  RE: Identity Manager 12.6 and ODI endpoint type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2021 11:32 AM

Hi Ivan,

roledefgenerator is not going to import anything. It will just generate a jar file for the target connector containing roledef + the attribute mapping. This jar will need to be deployed in IM and then, you will have to import the roledefinition as explained in the link I provided you previously.

It assumes that your ODI connector relies on DYN schema and you run roledefgenerator only for your ODI e.g.

VAPP-14.4.0:/opt/CA/IdentityManager/IAM_Suite/IdentityManager/tools/RoleDefinitionGenerator/bin > ./RoleDefGenerator.sh -h provserverhostname -u etaadmin ODI

Password:                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Created folder /opt/CA/IdentityManager/IAM_Suite/IdentityManager/tools/RoleDefinitionGenerator/bin/./META-INF

Obtaining metadata doc...

Preparing data model...

Generating IM_FrameworkXml

Generating IM_ManagedObjectXml

Generating IM_ResourceBundle

Generating IM_JIAMToIMMappingXml

generateRoleDef called for IM_AccountManagementRoleDefXml

Generating search and list screens...

Generating account screens...

Generating account template screens...

Generating endpoint screens...

Generating role definitions...

persisting role def IM_AccountManagementRoleDefXml

Generating .jar file...

Done generating .jar file...

As expected, generatedItems map contains no entries

VAPP-14.4.0:/opt/CA/IdentityManager/IAM_Suite/IdentityManager/tools/RoleDefinitionGenerator/bin > ll

total 36

-rw-rw-r-- 1 config config 28308 Nov  9 16:08 ODI.jar

-rwxrwxr-x 1 config config  2444 Feb 19  2021 RoleDefGenerator.bat

-rwxrwxr-x 1 config config  1671 Feb 19  2021 RoleDefGenerator.sh

As a result, roledefgenerator has generated an ODI.jar. This is the one to deploy in IM and then you will have to import the roledef for this connector using immanage console (see the provided link for the steps)

Please, validate the steps 1st in a lower environment to validate everything before doing any action in production ;)

Hope this helps,

Joffrey.

• 6.  RE: Identity Manager 12.6 and ODI endpoint type

Posted Jan 20, 2022 01:10 PM
    Hello joffrey 
    i'm answering after a long time but we updated the company id and i didn't reply.

In anycase i generated the ODI.jar and deployed it. After that i've tried to import the new ODI-RoleDef.xml in the idmmanage console but when i
    do it i get this error:

Warning: Updating the IdentityMinder environment "MedioBanca"
    Error: Another screen in the environment exists with the tag "DefaultODIGroupsEndpointCapabilitySearch"

I don't know where to check that tag. 

Can you help me understand this problem?

Thanks and Regards
    Ivan