Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal:Show Disclaimer after login Portal ?

Posted Mar 07, 2019 12:54 AM

Hi Team,

Can we build a webpage to display a Disclaimer after User have login Identity Portal ?

If able to build, can share with me how to build it...

regards,

William

• 2.  Re: Identity Portal:Show Disclaimer after login Portal ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 09:49 AM

The login page is a static html skeleton.  I am not aware of how to build another page or popup page AFTER login with the disclaimer.  I suppose you could add the disclaimer to the login page itself.  Something like this:

• Locate the sigma.war file, open it with some archive manager tool (e.g. WinRaR) and extract the file \html\public\login.html 
    • Edit the login.html file, a simple notepad++ will be good enough for that 
    • In the bottom of the file, add your html code. 
    The sample above was made by adding the following snippet in the end of the file (as the latest element) – 
    <div> 
    <h6 style="color:grey"> 
    <b>LOGGING INTO THIS SYSTEM ACKNOWLEDGES YOUR ACCEPTANCE</b> 
    </h6> 
    <br> 
    <p style="color:grey"> 
    You are accessing a system that is provided... 
    </p> 
    </div> 
    • Save the file and copy it back into the sigma.war file (overwrite the old one with your edited file) 
    • Deploy this sigma.war file on your application server (remove the current Portal deployment and deploy the edited sigma.war in its place 

As far as adding another disclaimer page is concerned.  I believe that would be an enhancement request (Open an IDEA through this community).  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Identity Portal:Show Disclaimer after login Portal ?

Posted Mar 08, 2019 12:49 AM

Hi Scott,

If am using casuite virtual appliance, can i still change the sigma.war file ?

if I want to redeploy sigma.war i have to use the software based identity portal, correct ?

regards,

William

• 4.  RE: Re: Identity Portal:Show Disclaimer after login Portal ?

Posted Jul 30, 2020 08:35 AM
    Dear Team,

We are also looking for the same requirement for one customer. Is this possible to add this disclaimer for CA Identity Portal login page?

Thanks,
    Jeevan.

• 5.  RE: Re: Identity Portal:Show Disclaimer after login Portal ?

Posted Aug 02, 2020 10:16 PM
    Based on direct way, identity portal still does not have the capability to display Disclaimer page after login in VAPP platform.

Based on workaround, u can create a module called "Disclaimer" inside contain a form with a "Acknowledge" checked box and ur mesg.
    (Users only able to view this 1 module, other modules is not allow to view).
    Once user have tick on the checked box and submit the form. U mark this user with user attribute read_disclaimer=true. 

Then other modules will be displayed based on the condition user attribute read_disclaimer=true. 
    In this way, u indirectly force users to read thru the Disclaimer form. After reading the disclaimer then u allow user to access other modules.

• 6.  RE: Re: Identity Portal:Show Disclaimer after login Portal ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2020 04:22 AM
    Manual changes to sigma.war are limited to the customization allowed via the custom folder
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-suite/14-2/virtual-appliance/administering-virtual-appliance.html

The way forward should be raising an Idea for such functionality to be added to the product, via the Ideation link
    Regards
    Rinat