Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  What is the process to define rule-based role from IG portal?

Posted Jan 10, 2019 07:35 AM

Hi all,

Can anyone please suggest me a process to the below process?

I have CA IG configured with CA IDM environment, and want to configure suggest roles based on Rule match.

As per document. I need to define rule-defined role from client tools. But, once I define this, how do i bring this back to the IG environment and how CA IDM will recognize this new Rule for role suggestion?

I tried to save the configuration to database but keeps failing. Not sure it is the correct process.

Is there any process to define the same from IG portal itself (ex. by using BPR).?

Thanks & Regards,

Debasish Sarkar.

• 2.  Re: What is the process to define rule-based role from IG portal?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 12:15 AM

Yes, you need to open the model config imported from IM, add the roles and then save the config back to the database.  

You would need to export these roles to IM using the export connector.  

I am guessing that the inability to save to the database has nothing to do with the use case.  

I would start by looking for an error message in the client tool logs. 

• 3.  Re: What is the process to define rule-based role from IG portal?

Posted Jan 25, 2019 08:38 AM

Thank you @Ricky. I was able to perform the task. I also figured out the issues related to saving back to database.

Also, I was able to perform the same task from portal alternatively via Role Management. I think it supports similar function to one done by DNA tool.