Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Getting data from an external datasource

Posted Jan 04, 2019 09:04 AM

Hi all,

So I'm trying to read from, and write to, an external datasource (MSSQL instance). I'm running on a vApp setup, and added the datasource via a prop file, this didn't produce any errors.

Now when I'm testing with a simple query, I get the below error. 

The test has failed to run with following error: "Failed running query " which was caused by "Failed to execute prepared statement: SELECT LTV_USERPRINCIPALNAME FROM [IAM_O365_LICENTIES].[DBO].[LICENTIES_TE_VERWERKEN] on data source: java:/iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/O365License-DS. Exception: Failed to get connection java:/iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/O365License-DS. Exception: iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/O365License-DS -- service jboss.naming.context.java.iam.im.jdbc.jdbc.O365License-DS;Failed to get connection java:/iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/O365License-DS. Exception: iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/O365License-DS -- service jboss.naming.context.java.iam.im.jdbc.jdbc.O365License-DS;iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/O365License-DS -- service jboss.naming.context.java.iam.im.jdbc.jdbc.O365License-DS".

Can anyone help me out?

• 2.  Re: Getting data from an external datasource

Posted Jan 10, 2019 10:35 AM

Check the properties file and make sure the datasource name is an exact match to what you are submitting in the PX.

If your query includes parameters, click Add Parameter. For example, this can be used with prepared statements. In such cases, a parameter is needed for each "?" placeholder. The data source name is standard J2EE and depends on the application server. For example: JBoss - java:/iam/im/jdbc/jdbc/objectstore WebLogic and WebSphere- /iam/im/jdbc/objectstore