Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  JBoss Ports when having Identity Governance and Identity Portal in same host

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 02:00 AM

We have a requirement of having Identity Governance and Identity Portal on a same host with different JBoss instances.

For Identity Governance, we can use one JBoss instance (/opt/CA/jboss-eap-6.4) with default port numbers and this should work fine.

For Identity Portal, we can use another JBoss instance (/opt/CA/IdentityPortal/jboss-eap-6.4), but not with default ports, as these are already used by Identity Governance JBoss instance.

Do we have any recommendation on how to change the JBoss ports (<JBoss_home>\standalone\configuration\standalone.xml) for Identity Portal instance?

• 2.  Re: JBoss Ports when having Identity Governance and Identity Portal in same host

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 10:31 AM

annla01 

To change the ports you can edit the standalone.xml for the Identity Portal instance.  I would suggest that the easiest way is to locate the socket-binding-group tag and update the port-offset value, which defaults to 0.  For example:

port-offset="$(jboss.socket.binding.port-offset:10000)">

This will increase the value of all the port numbers in this instance by 1000. For example port 8080 will become 18080. 

Regards

Andy

• 3.  Re: JBoss Ports when having Identity Governance and Identity Portal in same host

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2018 05:53 AM

Hi Andrew,

I have updated port-offset parameter to 1, so that all the port numbers gets incremented by 1. But still I am not able to access neither JBoss Management console nor Identity Portal console.

Should I update the below in standalone.xml for Identity Portal JBoss instance to 0.0.0.0 to make it work?

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:webservices:2.0">
                <wsdl-host>${jboss.bind.address:127.0.0.1}</wsdl-host>
    </subsystem>

<interfaces>
            <interface name="management">
                <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:127.0.0.1}"/>
            </interface>
            <interface name="public">
                <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address:127.0.0.1}"/>
            </interface>
    </interfaces>

Thanks

Lakshman

• 4.  Re: JBoss Ports when having Identity Governance and Identity Portal in same host