Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA Identity Suite with External DB (MSSQL cluster)

• 1.  CA Identity Suite with External DB (MSSQL cluster)

Posted Mar 08, 2019 01:00 AM

We are exploring the MS-SQL cluster option to propose for customer with Identity Suite(using Virtual appliance).

Customer have 40,000 users, 2000 endpoints(Unix & Windows servers).

At this moment, we are suggesting 2 unit of MS SQL servers (External DB), 3 units of IdentitySuite(vapp)

For clustering, we are looking at MSSQL-Active/Passive clustering. 

As i know there are other option like Active/Active clustering and AlwaysOn High availability...

Can anyone share their experience in term of clustering technology above and

which cluster option best suit customer env ?

• 2.  Re: CA Identity Suite with External DB (MSSQL cluster)

Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:17 PM

When I was a DBA, I set up active-passive MSSQL clusters multiple times. Now that I'm in a different role, I'm a frequent user of AlwaysOn HA MSSQL clusters and have discussed them with the DBA who set them up. The AlwaysOn clusters fail over faster, have fewer hardware requirements, and can even be implemented using virtual machines.  I highly recommend them and I don't think you'll be disappointed.  My workgroup has at least a dozen SQL Servers, configured into six AlwaysOn clusters, with multiple millions of rows and TB of data under management, these clusters are amazing and rock-solid.

• 3.  Re: CA Identity Suite with External DB (MSSQL cluster)

Posted Mar 28, 2019 11:24 PM

Thanks Eric, good to know.