Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Exiting Admin Task on Failed Retry Limits

Posted Oct 17, 2018 08:15 AM

Hello,

I have made a custom CA IDM Admin Task, which helps the user to set his password. However I want give the user only 3 chances to set his password (Complying with the password policy) on the task screen.

How do i achieve that?

How can i exit the Admin Task, if the user has 3 failed tries to set his password? 

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards 

Sandipan

lieje03 KennyV  

• 2.  Re: Exiting Admin Task on Failed Retry Limits
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2018 11:19 AM

Hi Sandipan,

This is controlled in the password policy.  "Incorrect Password settings" for "Account disabled after X successive incorrect passwords".

Configure Password Expiration - CA Identity Manager - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation .

• Account disabled after <number> successive incorrect passwords
      This setting determines the number of consecutive failed log-in attempts a user can make. Limiting the number of unsuccessful attempts protects against programs that are designed to access a resource by repeatedly trying passwords until the correct one is found. If a user fails to log in correctly after the specified number of attempts, CA Identity Manager disables the account. An administrator is required to reenable the account.
    • After <number> minutes
      This setting determines the length of time that a user waits before making another login attempt or their account is reenabled. If the user enters another incorrect password, CA Identity Manager disables the account again. The user waits the specified amount of time before trying again.
    • Allow one login attempt
      This setting specifies the number of minutes after a user enters an incorrect password before one additional log-in attempt.
    • Re-enable account
      This setting reenables an account after the specified number of minutes.

Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Exiting Admin Task on Failed Retry Limits

Posted Oct 17, 2018 11:24 AM

Thank you so much Scott on this...This was indeed helpful...

Thanks & BR

Sandipan