Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CA IdentitySuite: Backup Procedure

Posted Sep 17, 2018 03:47 AM

Hi all,

I'd like to know which is the best method to perform a backup of CA Identity Suite. 

I'd like to backup the entire VM, if it's possible.

Thank in advance

IG

• 2.  Re: CA IdentitySuite: Backup Procedure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2018 04:40 AM

Hello Igra, 

Are you referring to 

CA Identity Suite 14.2 - Virtual Appliance  if so please see the release notes

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-2/en/release-notes/virtual-appliance-release-notes

It provides the following steps for backup: 

To backup the Virtual Appliance configurations and data, run the following command: backupVapp

To restore the Virtual Appliance configurations and data to a replacement server, run the following command: restoreVapp

Sheryn

• 3.  Re: CA IdentitySuite: Backup Procedure

Posted Sep 17, 2018 08:56 AM

I Sheryn,

thanks for your reply.

I'm using IDsuite 14.1 and the commands you wrote are not available.

I'm looking for a method to perform a full backup of the vapp. We did it with our backup software, but restore fails, so i'm wondering if there are some procedures or special requirement that have to be satisfied.

Thanks

IG

• 4.  Re: CA IdentitySuite: Backup Procedure
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 06:17 AM

The backup procedure is mentioned as a part of the upgrade procedure in the guide.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-1/EN/upgrading/upgrading-ca-identity-suite-virtual-appliance

1. Full database backup for all databases/schemas used by Identity Manager, Identity Governance and Identity Portal.
    A database backup is mandatory for rollback!

2. Identity Manager environment (IME) backup using the Identity Manager Management console? Environments? identityEnv ? Export

3. Any custom files on the file-system (these normally reside on /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/<product name>)

4. Virtual Machine Snapshot

Regards

Sheryn

• 5.  RE: Re: CA IdentitySuite: Backup Procedure

Posted Sep 13, 2020 09:11 PM
    "A database backup is mandatory for rollback!"

Just wondering if anyone has actually tried the "rollback" ?
    Does anyone have the specific steps for the "rollback" if anything goes wrong during the upgrade ?
    I think the upgrade includes both major version upgrade and applying Cumulative Patches ?

Regards,
    JP