Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Auto-generate User ID during User profile creation Identity Manager

Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:36 AM

Hello Everyone,

Requirement: Auto-generate an ID and assign it as User ID (uid) for user as part of User Creation task.

I have created a PX Policy to generate a random number and check for uniqueness of it. Added Action Rules to assign this random number against UID and Login ID of the user profile.

Issue:

Scenario 1:

I tried to create the user profile without giving UID and Login ID in the Create User Screen. Received an error stating uid and login id are mandatory for Create User Event.

Scenario 2:

Included both uid and login id in Create User Screen but made it as hidden since I thought the PX policy that I created will assign auto-generated IDs to these attributes. But I get the same error again as received in Scenario 1.

Note: I tried to disable the policy and made uid and login id to be editable fields and it works good.

How do I achieve my requirement of auto-generating uid during user profile creation. Please do share your suggestions here.

Thanks much!

Regards,

Navin

• 2.  Re: Auto-generate User ID during User profile creation Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:47 AM

You might not be running PX at correct point in the event.  You need to provide attribute values at beginning of the tasks.  We recommend PX type of UI.  Once you have it working be sure to have robust custom ways to ensure  uniqueness of UID.  

• 3.  Re: Auto-generate User ID during User profile creation Identity Manager

Posted Feb 14, 2019 03:09 AM

FYI, Identity Manager by default come with User ID Builder Handler that able to generate unique UserID 

User ID Build Handler

com.netegrity.ims.adapters.UserIDBuildHandler

The User ID Build Handler generates a login ID based on components for the user name, a counter, and strings. By default, the |LOGIN_ID| LAH is used to generate the value for the %LOGIN_ID% physical attribute.

Note: If you need to display the login id (example, in a modify task), use the physical %LOGIN_ID%. Using this handler in modify task, generates a new login ID.

Each rule string must be configurable for the sub string. Example, %F,1% First character of the First Name.

Logical Attribute Handlers in OOTB Environment - CA Identity Manager - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  RE: Re: Auto-generate User ID during User profile creation Identity Manager

Posted Mar 25, 2020 09:57 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Can i get the simple procedure which i can follow for auto generating User ID when i create user . in my case user id is mandatory to fill .