Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Active Directory Endpoint Account in IDM User console give error [Exchange General (User)]     Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"

• 1.  Active Directory Endpoint Account in IDM User console give error [Exchange General (User)]     Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"

Posted Oct 09, 2018 11:46 AM

CA Identity Manager 14.1.0.0.347
    IAM Framework 400.1.0.0.369
    Patch Level CP-IM-140100-0005

We are getting below error when we are trying to modify Active Directory endpoint account using IDM user console .

[Exchange General (User)] Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"

we were using Provisioning Manager to do Active Directory account modification in past and recently we started using IDM user console.
    Exchange General (User) tab is not coming in Provisional Manager so we dont see any issue in PM.

Exchange general tab

Error
    I think there must be some validation java script on screen in IDM user console which populates this error , if i remove this check then it should work . just need a way to remove this validation or any other thoughts to solve this problem will be very helpfull. 

Regards
    Mohd Lari

• 2.  Re: Active Directory Endpoint Account in IDM User console give error [Exchange General (User)]     Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 04:08 AM

Hi Mohd Lari,

Setting a "ProhibitSendReceiveQuota" value less than the "ProhibitSendQuota" value is not permitted from native Exchange Management Console.

E.g.:

This is the reason why this control check exists from IM User Console, to be in phase with the native behavior.

Removing the control check from IM is not a good idea.

Also If you set a "ProhibitSendReceiveQuota" value less than the "ProhibitSendQuota" value then you will fail to edit the mailbox properties from native Exchange Management Console.

E.g.:

Regards,

Philippe.

• 3.  Re: Active Directory Endpoint Account in IDM User console give error [Exchange General (User)]     Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"

Posted Oct 10, 2018 09:32 AM

Hi Philippe,

I cannot see the same tab and check i use provisioning manager, in past we were using provisioning manager and everything was working .
    Now we started using IDM user console for same activity of same users which is created in past, we are receiving error while doing anything like password reset or other activity . 
    Exchange General (User)] Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"

on seeing exchange general tab we see that prohibit send and receive at is NULL.

My question is that without setting this valued everything is working through PM , so looking a way to unvalidate the check set at screen .

Regards
    Mohd Lari

• 4.  Re: Active Directory Endpoint Account in IDM User console give error [Exchange General (User)]     Value of "Prohibit Send at" must not exceed value of "Prohibit Send and Receive at"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 03:35 AM

Hi Mohd Lari,

Yes I know that this control check is missing from IM Provisioning Manager UI.

I think this control should exist in IMPM.

Anyway you can remove this control from IM User Console.

As you guessed, it is into the Validation JavaScript of the Standard Profile Screen with Tag=ModifyActiveDirectoryAccountExchangeGeneralUser.

This is a read-only screen. You cannot edit it, but you can make a copy of this screen and make modifications to the new screen.
    So copy this screen to your custom one and from this new selected screen remove the Validation JavaScript.

Again, for the reason I mentioned previously this is not the right way.

BR,

Philippe.