Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite

Posted Mar 05, 2019 11:56 PM

I have fresh install "CA Identity suite virtual appliance version 14.2.0 - Demo Mode" in my virtual machine.

After installation done, and I'm login to portal https://hostname:10443, and I found the error in Identity portal module like this below (red font):

[ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)

the error is on the red font

and if I click user console portal, the result like this below:

anyone can help me to solve this issue?

I'm very appreciate for you help guys.

Thank you,

Rifki

• 2.  Re: [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite

Posted Mar 07, 2019 01:00 AM

ssh into ur virtual appliance, run the command "stop_ip" to stop the Identity Portal service and then

start back Identity Portal service using "start_ip"

To Check status of all IdentitySuite services, run "s" command. 

Run "alias" in command line, will list out the available command..

For other shell command, u can refer to the docops as below

Administering Virtual Appliance - CA Identity Suite - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Using the Login Shell - CA Identity Suite - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite

Posted Mar 07, 2019 04:38 AM

Hi Williamckl ,

thank you very much for your response.

I have try your suggestion, but the error still coming, like this below:

Regards,

Rifki

• 4.  Re: [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2019 11:33 AM

Rifki,

According to the IDS 14.2 vApp Release Notes (copied below), the 14.2 GA build includes a fix for an INTERNAL defect to resolve the problem you see on starting the IDS services in the vApp. The screen shots you attached do not show the console messages copied below. I would suggest connecting to the IP Management Console and starting the CAIM Connector manually to get around the problem temporarily.

BTW I see the log messages in my VMware instance:

2019 Feb 13 13:57:56 vApp142demo startPortalMainConnector [INFO] Identity Portal Admin UI is started - waiting for Identity Manager to complete initialization (timeout=600 seconds)
    2019 Feb 13 13:57:59 vApp142demo startPortalMainConnector [INFO] Identity Manager environment is started
    2019 Feb 13 13:57:59 vApp142demo startPortalMainConnector [INFO] Attempting to start Identity Portal main connector (timeout=300 seconds)
    2019 Feb 13 13:57:59 vApp142demo start-portal-main-connector.sh [INFO] Identity Portal main connector is started on 172.17.17.145:8081
    2019 Feb 13 13:57:59 vApp142demo startPortalMainConnector [INFO] Successfully started Identity Portal main connector

You should see the same lines in the ca_app_main.log. User vvl to open the log using the less command and search for "Identity Portal main connector" in the file.

CA Identity Portal main connector may fail to start after reboot if the only CA Identity Manager node is on the same server.

Even though CA Identity Portal starts after CA Identity Manager in the Linux startup sequence, the identityEnv environment may not be running by the time CA Identity Portal main connector starts.
    As a result, the main connector may fail to start and the CA Identity Portal user console may not be available until the operator manually starts the main connector from CA Identity Portal admin UI.
    The fix adds a new routine to CA Identity Portal startup script, so that it waits for up to 10 minutes for the identityEnv environment to be started, and then attempt to start the main connector.

The following new behavior is introduced:

Upon starting or restarting CA Identity Portal, the following text is displayed:

Starting WildFly (Portal):                                 [  OK  ]

[INFO] Waiting for Identity Portal Admin UI to start (timeout=300 seconds).

[INFO] Identity Portal Admin UI is started - waiting for CA Identity Manager to complete initialization (timeout=600 seconds)

[INFO] CA Identity Manager environment is started

[INFO] Attempting to start Identity Portal main connector (timeout=300 seconds)

[INFO] Successfully started Identity Portal main connector

The delay in starting all of the services normally could also be caused by a known issue with rngd which you should resolve to smooth out performance for your vApp instance anyway.

• 5.  Re: [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite

Posted Mar 07, 2019 06:26 PM

did u try reboot the vapp as suggested by Enrique ?

Is this a fresh install casuite ? or is it a duplicate VM on casuite ?

If this is duplicate VM, then better reboot few times to resolve the issue.

• 6.  RE: Re: [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite

Posted Sep 25, 2019 04:21 AM
    Hi Team,
    I also facing same error for Identity Portal. after i run reconfigure_ip i found the error is 
    [ERROR] failed to add the ca identity portal service account (error #5)

• 7.  RE: Re: [ERROR] Identity Portal User Console is not available (Main Connector is down or not defined)" after fresh install CA identity suite

Posted Sep 25, 2019 04:56 AM
    after i restart the ip services using restart_ip

then check the service status the error identity portal not available still occur.