Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Can Siteminder SDK be used to perform a custom business logic via blth?

Posted May 16, 2018 06:58 AM

We are trying to use siteminder password blob services in policy express blth code. Any suggestions ?

• 2.  Re: Can Siteminder SDK be used to perform a custom business logic via blth?

Posted May 17, 2018 08:12 AM

Experts,

Any comments?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Can Siteminder SDK be used to perform a custom business logic via blth?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 03:45 AM

Hi Smukhi,

I know IM but not enough SM to understand which java package do you need.
    Perhaps you could clarify based on the CA SiteMinder Software Development Kit javadoc.
    On IM side the deployed iam_im.ear\library\smjavasdk2.jar includes the com.netegrity.sdk.apiutil, com.netegrity.sdk.dmsapi and com.netegrity.sdk.policyapi java packages.
    And the deployed iam_im.ear\library\smagentapi.jar includes the netegrity.siteminder.javaagent java package.
    If you need another package then add the missing jar file(s) to be deployed into the iam_im.ear\library folder or directory.
    Of course build your custom java class (e.g.: BLTH) from your IDE with those external JARs in the path.

Best Regards,

Philippe.

• 4.  Re: Can Siteminder SDK be used to perform a custom business logic via blth?
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2018 04:46 AM

Hi guiph01,

Thanks for the information.

I am sure that we can use CA SSO sdk in IM, but as per CA technicians, we can't use SSO sdk in IM. We opened a ticket and CA told us that. However, i am pretty sure that we can use it otherwise this is a big limitation on the product side. I am currently in process of testing a solution (BLTH code) that uses SSO sdk to validate what CA mentioned as it's no where documented that we can't use SSO SDK in IM.

If you have any suggestions for me, please let us know. 

Appreciate your help on this. 

Best,

Shivam