Symantec Identity Management

Expand all | Collapse all

how to migrate from "MS SQL Server" user store to ldap user store

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  how to migrate from "MS SQL Server" user store to ldap user store

Posted 05-09-2019 03:52 PM

We would like to migrate our user store based on RDBMS (MS SQL Server) to an LDAP based user store

the "source" User Store (the one hosted on the MS SQL Server ) is from Identity Manager Server based version 12.6.8

the "target" User Store is hosted in an LDAP  as part of  a Virtual Appliance based IDM version 14.2

this is part of an  upgrade process from Identity Manager 12.6.8 to Identity Manager 14.2

• 2.  Re: how to migrate from "MS SQL Server" user store to ldap user store
    Best Answer

Posted 05-10-2019 01:05 PM

Thanks for opening this discussion

I research in our knowledge DB and didn't find similar cases.
    I noticed you opened also a case in support (#01359975) where we are putting this same answer:

We don't know of any utility for converting or migrating users from DB-to-LDAP.

Customers or Services usually develop their own process.

Some possiblilties:

1. Design the schema in LDAP - tables to represent the desired infrastructure
    2. Export users from current MS SQL and convert to LDAP format (ldif format)
    3. import ldif formated to new user store

Please, let me known if this respond your query.

Another possible course of action would be to export the SQL to a csv file. Then make an ldt template (CA Directory doc) and convert to ldif using csv2ldif tool (CA Directory). Then import the ldif.
    Of course, this assumes you have the new IM Use Store schema and DSA db ready for use.

You may also open one idea in our community suggesting have a tool