Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Manager : Can we export Environment without using IM Management console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2018 12:43 PM

I am looking for an alternate way to export IM environment without using IM Management console (*/iam/immanage/).

Reason: I am management console keeping throwing error while performing the export operation. Tried both options for export  -   Environment Level ( export consolidated zip file of the environment) and Advance setting level ( export *enviroment_setting.xml file)

• 2.  Re: Identity Manager : Can we export Environment without using IM Management console

Posted May 25, 2018 09:30 AM

That is the only way I am aware of for exporting out the IME Roles xml. You may want to open a support case to further review the error received and to troubleshoot the problem you are having.

• 3.  Re: Identity Manager : Can we export Environment without using IM Management console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2018 09:59 PM

Thanks, Kenny, for your input. I wanted to exhaust my options before engaging the CA Support.

One alternative is a config xpress ( given it is already configured/loaded with the desired IME environment). unfortunately, in my case, even config xpress has been configured yet.

Last option I am hoping that xml file must be stored somewhere in IME database and there should be a way to retrieve it using database query.

• 4.  Re: Identity Manager : Can we export Environment without using IM Management console
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2018 02:04 PM

There is one other way.

As of IM 14.1, there's a command line tool called ImportExportUtility that is documented here:

Migrate CA Identity Manager Artifacts to Production Environment - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documenta…