Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Creating Endpoint Problem in CA Identity Manager

Posted Oct 05, 2018 12:37 AM

Hi.

So I am following the "Manage Endpoints" tutorial in the CA Education and Training (CA Identity Suite 14.x: CA Identity Manager ‐ Manage Endpoints 200), and I've got some problem.

The problem is when the tutorial said that I should create the endpoints, it shows this kind of error:

Fatal: Failed to execute CreateActiveDirectoryEndpoint. ERROR MESSAGE: Active Directory Endpoint 'Voonair_AD' creation failed: Connector Server Add failed: code 80 (OTHER-NamingException): failed to add entry eTNamespaceName=ActiveDirectory, dc=im, dc=etasa: javax.naming.NamingException: The CCS Manager is not enabled and no remote server is configured for endpoint type 'ActiveDirectory' (idaps://192.168.1.20:20411).

I've already checked the Vapp and all of the services are running well (Identity Manager, Connector Server, Identity Portal, Provisioning Server, and Identity Governance). I've also already checked the Active Directory and it shows all of the containers, which I believe that the AD works as well. Also, I tried to ping to the each of the server (192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.20), with also the active directory (directoryserver.voonair.local) and it worked well. 

I'm still new to this, is there any way for me to make it work? Or perhaps if I (in case) should reset all of the VM, how can I do it?

For the information, I am using the VM that is given by the CA Technologies, which includes the Directory Server and VApp.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Franky Gabriel

PS: I also attached the tutorial, and some of the screen dumps regarding to the things I should do in the tutorial.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    04IMG2044LG1.A.pdf   2.04 MB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Creating Endpoint Problem in CA Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 05:28 AM

Hi Franky Gabriel,

As the message says "no remote server is configured for endpoint type ActiveDirectory".
    To provision Windows-based endpoints (such as Active Directory), a C++ server running on a Windows operating system is required for the CA Connector server installation.
    In this education lab environment, I don't know if the CA Connector server installation on a remote Windows box is under the students charge or assumed to have been already done by instructors.

Please review your guides where it is talked about the Remote Connector Server (for Windows OS).
    For more details, select "External Tools" from the Virtual Appliance menu on the upper left corner.

Best Regards,

Philippe.

• 3.  Re: Creating Endpoint Problem in CA Identity Manager

Posted Oct 07, 2018 10:54 PM

It works. Thank you very much! I installed the CA connector and it works. Thanks again!

• 4.  Re: Creating Endpoint Problem in CA Identity Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2018 01:48 AM

If the reply does not answer your question, please open a support case so we can investigate further.

• 5.  Re: Creating Endpoint Problem in CA Identity Manager

Posted Oct 07, 2018 10:54 PM

Hi. The answer did solve my problem. Thank you