Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Limiting Admin Tasks on Validation

Posted Sep 21, 2018 08:17 AM

Hello All,

I have an admin task which is a public task. The task identifies users based on the values entered by the user for the 4 attributes. There is a hidden attribute, which is a string sum of the 4 attributes. This validation, I am doing with the help of a BLTH. 

The search screen is of the type "Forgotten Password Search Screen". The BLTH works well however, in case of the string sum mismatch for the 5th Attribute validation check, the error(errorMessage.Reference) is getting printed on the Task Page.

I need to limit this and print the error in the Search Screen itself and not allow the user to go to the task page.

How do i limit that?

Below is the BLTH Code that I am using:

function handleSetSubject(BlthContext, errorMessage)
    {
    var user = BlthContext.getUser();
    var answer1 = user.getValue("%ATTR_1%");
    var answer2 = user.getValue("%ATTR_2%");
    var answer3 = user.getValue("%ATTR_3%");
    var answer4 = user.getValue("%ATTR_4%");
    var answer5 = user.getValue("%ATTR_5%");
    var newAnswer = answer4+answer3+answer2+answer1;
    if (newAnswer != answer5)
    {
    errorMessage.reference = 'INCORRECT PASSKEY';
    return false;
    }
    return true;
    }

Is there a way to end the Admin Task and throw an error message if the condition (newAnswer != answer5) is not satisfied?

• 2.  Re: Limiting Admin Tasks on Validation

Posted Sep 21, 2018 10:51 AM

It's not very clear what is being done, maybe some screenshots would help clarify. Also maybe there is some validation that could be set within the Forgotten Password Search Screen (i.e. it is doing some sort of Questions and Answers validation already), but not sure what if anything is possible there.

• 3.  Re: Limiting Admin Tasks on Validation

Posted Sep 21, 2018 12:10 PM

Hello Kenny,

Please refer to these screenshots:

-- Identification Page:

This is the Identify User Search screen, where the user puts in 4 attribute values, which identifies him. On successful Identification, he is taken to the "Set Password" Task page where he can set his password

-- Set Password Task Page:

@

The Error "INCORRECT PASSKEY" is coming as a result of the computation from the BLTH (code that I have provided previously).

Is there a way, by which we can throw the error "INCORRECT PASSKEY" on the Identification Page itself and not take the user to the "Set Password Task" page? Also, can we exit the Task, if the computation in the BLTH is true? If yes, how to do that?

Once again, the BLTH computes the string sum of the 4 values which the user inputs and compares if the String Sum is equal to attribute5 which is a hidden attribute on the Identification Search Screen.

Let me know if you need furthur information on the same.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Sandipan

• 4.  Re: Limiting Admin Tasks on Validation

Posted Sep 24, 2018 04:11 AM

Hello Kenny,

Please refer to these screenshots:

-- Identification Page:

This is the Identify User Search screen, where the user puts in 4 attribute values, which identifies him. On successful Identification, he is taken to the "Set Password" Task page where he can set his password

-- Set Password Task Page:

@

The Error "INCORRECT PASSKEY" is coming as a result of the computation from the BLTH (code that I have provided previously).

Is there a way, by which we can throw the error "INCORRECT PASSKEY" on the Identification Page itself and not take the user to the "Set Password Task" page? Also, can we exit the Task, if the computation in the BLTH is true? If yes, how to do that?

Once again, the BLTH computes the string sum of the 4 values which the user inputs and compares if the String Sum is equal to attribute5 which is a hidden attribute on the Identification Search Screen.

Let me know if you need furthur information on the same.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Sandipan

KennyV leije03

• 5.  Re: Limiting Admin Tasks on Validation
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2018 11:15 AM

I am not sure how this is implemented. When I look at my Forgotten Password task the only Verification Options I see is "Question and Answer" or "One Time Password". I am not sure if others in the communities can assist you further. If you still need assistance you can try opening a support case and providing your IME Roles XML along with steps to reproduce.