Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How did you learn

Posted Jun 13, 2018 05:43 AM

Good morning all,

I'm wondering.. How did you all gain the experience with the CA Identity Suite? After the CA Learning path trainings, but before the first solutions you can implement for customers. 

I'm trying to define a learning path to enable new/junior colleagues to implement CA Identity Suite on their own, and I'd like to have your input and experiences on this subject.

Thanks very much in advanced!

Kind regards,

Eric

• 2.  Re: How did you learn
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2018 02:15 PM

Work backwards. Leave installing and configuring it for last.

In my experience, the best way is to hand your colleagues a working configuration (vApp will make your life easy). Have them learn the product from a basic end user perspective first.

Then when they're comfortable creating and managing users and roles, introduce them to the /immanage console and all that's involved there. Have them create a IMS Directory and IM Environment. Export roles and that sort of thing.

Finally have them learn about the installs and all the server component pieces.

• 3.  Re: How did you learn

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2018 10:37 AM

I highly recommend shadowing on a live customer engagement, if you can find an opportunity for this.  It provides real world experience where you can see how the application is installed, configured, and used in an actual customer environment.  It also helps to highlight the challenges that are faced during implementation, and can highlight potential product enhancements, demonstrate product integrations, and provide experience on configurations and features that are not part of the training courses.