Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP?

Posted Oct 29, 2018 10:52 AM

Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP? Do I need to do anything special? According to the client, the relay only requires a user mailbox but no password. However, I am getting connection refused when IM tries to send an email. Also tried with password, but same error. SSL= true or false gets same error.

• 2.  Re: Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:58 AM

I have reviewed the documentation and internal data and not finding a way to accomplish this.  Lets allow the rest of the user community to engage here to see if anyone else has done it.  If not, this may need to be considered an IDEA (enhancement) for a future version of the product.  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 02:42 AM

Hi,

Before answering this question, can you please confirm the application server of Identity Suite. If it is wildfly8.x, then there is a possibility of configuring custom server configuration for smtp relay server as given below an example. The wildfly documentation is saying that we can add custom properties using property tag. But personally I did not try this as I don't have relay server to test. 

<mail-session jndi-name="java:/Mail" name="IMMail">
          <custom-server name="smtp" outbound-socket-binding-ref="mail-smtp">
               <login name="username" password="password"/>
               <property name="host" value="mail.example.com"/>
              <property name="auth" value="false"/>            
         </custom-server>
    </mail-session> 

• 4.  Re: Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 04:47 AM

Try to validate mail relay using telnet (see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/test-smtp-with-telnet?view=exchserver-2019), using the information the customer provided to see if you can emulate the mail sending from the IM.

• 5.  Re: Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP?

Posted Nov 01, 2018 08:45 AM

Yes this is WildFly 8.x as shipped with the vApp. The relay will go to a Lotus Notes mail server for the next few months and then to an Exchange later after they convert. 

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Identity Suite r14.2 - How can I use an SMTP relay server to send emails from IM and IP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2018 02:13 AM

If none of the comments answer your question, please open a support case for us to investigate.